Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2003, 09:14 AM

Default Serial Number doesn\'t work!!

Hi! I just bought an MBox which comes with ProToolsLE. Guitar Center also supplied a 6.0 Disk for OSX. Instead of installing the 5.2.1 Disk that came in the box, I Installed LE 6.0 and tried to run it and also tried download 6.01 and can't get-it to accept my Serial number in either case! I made-sure that the "0"s were ZEROS and that the cases were correct, and that there are spaces in the same places. Do I need to install the 5.2.1 version BEFORE I can install the 6.x version? or what do I need to do?
Thanx in Advance!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Serial Number doesn\'t work!!

Quote:
I Installed LE 6.0 and tried to run it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did it launch? You have to be booted in OS X to install or run Pro Tools 6. As far as the secure downloads, you need to have cookies enabled in your browser preferences, and you should use Internet Explorer rather than the Safari Public Beta. If you can't download 6.0.1, you can get the update CD for free from your Digi dealer. But get 6.0 to work with your Mbox first, then you can get 6.0.1. When booted in OS 9, you can install 5.2.1.When booted in OS X , you can install 6.0. Neither requires the installation of the other. In OS X, make sure that you don't have Classic set to startup automatically in your System Preferences.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digidesign:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I Installed LE 6.0 and tried to run it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did it launch? You have to be booted in OS X to install or run Pro Tools 6. As far as the secure downloads, you need to have cookies enabled in your browser preferences, and you should use Internet Explorer rather than the Safari Public Beta. If you can't download 6.0.1, you can get the update CD for free from your Digi dealer. But get 6.0 to work with your Mbox first, then you can get 6.0.1. When booted in OS 9, you can install 5.2.1.When booted in OS X , you can install 6.0. Neither requires the installation of the other. In OS X, make sure that you don't have Classic set to startup automatically in your System Preferences. <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know by what you mean by "Did it Launch?"
I clicked on the LE icon, it asked for a serial, I gave it, then it said something like it was invalid. Secondly, I am running in OSX.2.3 I am NOT interested in OS9 or "Classic Mode".
So how do I proceed?
Thanx!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:01 AM

Andy,

The only serial number that works is a PTLE 6.0 serial number. If you installed the 6.0 version, I assume you have two serial numbers in two different manuals: one for v5 and one for v6.

Aspian
Old 04-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Andy, I sent you an email so we can try and sort this out offline.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Administrator

I sent you another email with a different reply-to address. I have to leave for a few hours, but I'll check email when I get back home.

This is sounding more and more like your dealer didn't provide you with the correct PT 6 update package. You said you just bought this, and we don't have you registered yet in our customer database. If I were you, I would contact the dealer and explain that you have either the wrong update kit or an incomplete update kit. If all they gave you was a Pro Tools 6 CD, and you received nothing printed that says "Pro Tools LE 6" on it, then they didn't give you the full update kit. Give the dealer a call and ask them where your missing information is.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Digidesign:
Andy, I sent you an email so we can try and sort this out offline.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I tried answering your email & it bounced-back saying~
"Could not deliver mail to this user.
[email protected]
***************** End of message" ***************