Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Default Re: A.I.R Instrument Expansion Pack Upgrade Pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luken26 View Post
I have Strike, Transfuser, Velvet and Structure Full. All were purchased separately. I also have Hybrid which was originally part of the MPTK to MPTK2 then CPTK.
Since I have all 5 assets, do you think this would this be considered a $99.00 upgrade path similar to if I had purchased the original boxed set?

Lou
Yes, all you need is the 5 assets on your iLok.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luken26 View Post
I have Strike, Transfuser, Velvet and Structure Full. All were purchased separately. I also have Hybrid which was originally part of the MPTK to MPTK2 then CPTK.
Since I have all 5 assets, do you think this would this be considered a $99.00 upgrade path similar to if I had purchased the original boxed set?

Lou
That's a damn good question!

But it's a clear no according to what Digidesign put up as far as options; The only choice is for the original Virtual Instruments box set. There is no a la carte pricing.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
That's a damn good question!

But it's a clear no according to what Digidesign put up as far as options; The only choice is for the original Virtual Instruments box set. There is no a la carte pricing.
I agree. The way the options are presented, it appears the $99.00 upgrade path may be wishful thinking.
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostHuman View Post
Yes, all you need is the 5 assets on your iLok.
If I may ask, have you been able to download the $99.00 upgrade and transfer licenses onto your iLok and successfully open and play the VI's in PT???

Thanks,

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason00 View Post
That's what I just purchased. Downloading as we speak. Ready to fire it all up tonight. See ya DUC...it's time to create
Where is my Freeze Track Mason.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Where is my Freeze Track Mason.
Let's hope AVID @ NAB 2010 brings 8.1 Native
Pro Tools needs that 'cold feature' for the few who've upgraded to the PTIEP
You're lucky to catch me on the DUC, I'm killing time while I download the Structure content.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM

well this is all very disappointing ,i have Structure the full version,Velvet and Hybrid,Without checking my receipts i would think that these 3 cost me more than they are offering this whole box set for.So for me it looks like i need to part with $200 US to get the newer versions.I don't really want strike or transfuser.Yet it feels as an early adopter of the AIR instruments,i'm now getting the raw deal.So its cheaper to get ,for someone who doesn't own any of these VI's than it is for me who parted out ('im guessing here) $750 US.I've made money out of using these VI's and i like them.But what i've found is that some software companies treat you well,and some don't.Im a bit over buying some software that ends up being almost worthless.I think i bought Trillian Lane TLspace reverb for a premium price only to find a year later ,its almost worthless.Both of these companies seemed to me to have a good connection with Digidesign and both i feel have given me a very poor deal ."Once bitten twice shy" as the old expression says.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Two words C.Bayley D-Verb. Once payed for now standard issue. Avids aggressive PTIEP pricing is a good move.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 PM

I just bought transfuser 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know if there is a grace period upgrade?
Seems to be no info on the digi site regarding that.

Mac Pro5,1 2x2.24 12-Core, ATI HD5770,
OSX 10.11, 16GB RAM
Apollo Quad Firewire, UAD2 Solo & Quad
NI Maschine v2
PT2018
Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Two words C.Bayley D-Verb. Once payed for now standard issue. Avids aggressive PTIEP pricing is a good move.

hey fellow kiwi.yes i'm sure avid's aggressive price is great if you haven't already got any of these VI's.just not great for the early adopters.I'll be keeping my money in my pocket!