Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 AM

Default Omnisphere Key Assignment

It is of my understanding that you can take a patch (or instrument inside of omnipshere or whatever you want to call it) and make it so that only part of the key map will trigger it. And you can layer a bunch of instruments as so.

My question is if you can assign certain sounds to be triggered by different keys. An example of this would be if I could take individual sounds and assign them to keys. Could I take the Ab and put it on the C. Could I take a bass drum and put it where the snare usually is? Could I take every single note in a patch and put it on one key?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Omnisphere Key Assignment

If each Part in Omni was set to the same MIDI channel, you cold limit those parts to play only one key - the key which should trigger the correlating part. That would give you 8 different keys with unique sounds.

Stack Mode offers some flexibility, too, but I don't know that it would give you as much. Haven't tried it.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Also, are the updates free? Or episodes or whatever you want to call them.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Bump

I want to know if Omnisphere can assign specific notes(from specific patches) to specific keys. I understand a little bit about how stacked mode works, but I would like to assign certain sounds to certain keys... not necessarily having an instrument apply to only one part of the keymap.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBlight View Post
Bump

I want to know if Omnisphere can assign specific notes(from specific patches) to specific keys. I understand a little bit about how stacked mode works, but I would like to assign certain sounds to certain keys... not necessarily having an instrument apply to only one part of the keymap.

Watch the movie. I think it explains this pretty well in the second half of the movie and show examples of how you can import midi patches into Omisphere from RMX into Omnisphere's envelope filter to create a new grooves with it. O

email Spectrasonics tech support.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/20...n-v13-updates/
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS