Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2022, 07:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchmix View Post
Avid April fools was April 1st not 26th

We just sent back our Apple Studio and cancelling the order on the other 4 there is no appreciable difference from our 2013 Mac Pro's and they do not perform as well our Intel Map Pro 2019's
No Silicon support - these machines have been out for almost 2 years !!!
what a joke ...
Hi matchmix,

I'm in communication with the architecture teams at Avid working on silicon support for Pro Tools, Media Composer, and other products. I'm naturally interested in learning from all customers, you included, about specifically what elements of PT you are hoping will benefit from full native integration?

Could you email them to me? [email protected]

The more detail, the better. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by James67 View Post
I know someone who got banned for being a frustrated user and voicing that (for legit reasons, to use your phrasing ). So I'm not too sure you appreciate venting. Of course things get heated when people are getting fed up.

Do you recall the random fullscale noise blasts PT at one point was throwing at people? You can't fault people for screaming back at Avid for something like that (well, you can and you did - by banning them.)
I've been a moderator on the Media Composer forums since around 2006 when they roughly started. Before that, I was on various forums, and was a HUGE critic of Avid's. I vented like mad. Granted, I was never making any personal attacks nor calling anyone stupid or whatever.

So yeah, venting is totally fine. Frankly, it's a somewhat decent barometer of how things are being received.

Personally, I moved away from venting many years ago but that's mainly because I've realized that stating a problem calmly and presenting a good use case for its solution works far better with software developers. But that's just me.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:08 AM

Is ARA even on the agenda for the future, or is there a specific reason it is hard to implement in Pro Tools?
Old 04-28-2022, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
Is ARA even on the agenda for the future, or is there a specific reason it is hard to implement in Pro Tools?

What he said!!!

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBové View Post
Personally, I moved away from venting many years ago but that's mainly because I've realized that stating a problem calmly and presenting a good use case for its solution works far better with software developers. But that's just me.

Maybe you could help Avid move away from constantly giving people reasons to vent. How'd that be for a change?
Old 04-28-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Hi matchmix,

I'm in communication with the architecture teams at Avid working on silicon support for Pro Tools, Media Composer, and other products. I'm naturally interested in learning from all customers, you included, about specifically what elements of PT you are hoping will benefit from full native integration?

Hi Chris, the ability to run plugins natively, using the full potential of the ARM architecture, inside the computer you purchased for a lot of money that has more performance when running natively as opposed to rosetta2, shown in all the other DAWs that offer M1 and all the third party plugin vendors. Is this question real?
Old 04-28-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Hi matchmix,

Hey Chris. Thanks for being so open about this. I'm going to reach out with some information that hopefully helps move the process along.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:22 AM

Avid: "Rosetta 2 is fine. Don't need native support "

Plug-in makers: "we are now m1 native"

Users: "can we run m1 native plug-ins inside protools running under Rosetta 2?"

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
snip ... Personally, I moved away from venting many years ago but that's mainly because I've realized that stating a problem calmly and presenting a good use case for its solution works far better with software developers. But that's just me.
I try to do that, but sometimes I just can't help it.
Don't forget that mockery can be a useful tool. It can inspire Avid to alleviate an absolutely ridiculous problem, as they don't want to appear as if they are a stupid company. They don't mind being portrayed as greedy, as it makes their stock investors happy, but stupid is a no-go. The more merciless the better, and also gives the users a steam release valve to prevent a catastrophic explosion of expletives.
The very title of this thread is one form of mockery, albeit in a very kind and subtle manner.
This reply is another.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 04-28-2022 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:22 AM

I don't find mockery to be an effective tool, it merely makes the author feel better, temporarily. As Chris suggested, a calm, thought-out presentation of an opinion or feeling is the best approach in nearly every case. Flame wars get attention, but that shouldn't be confused with progress.