Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Default VCA volume automation sounds different when writing than when playing back afterward

Hey All,

Another random thing that started occuring after years of use with PT10 for some reason. I swear, I will have enough money to get a new coffee can and upgrade pro tools soon...

When writing VCA volume automation, it seems like the tracks don't properly read the volume automation already on the tracks in the group. Particularly the very beginnings of clips sound kind of like a jump cut with no fade on it. Like it clicks when I am writing vca automation. Then, when I go to play it back afterward, it sounds normal, but obivously not the same as when I was writing my automation (usually quieter than what i thought I was writing in).

This is a real bummer on trying to get things done as fast as i can for some deadlines, as I have to at least play back every move I make afterward to double check it afterward. It's really stressing me out, honestly.

Anyone else seen this issue before? Is there a possible fix?