Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 06:09 PM

Default need help importing audio from drive

well i have looked through the faq but no luck, the deal is im trying to make backups of my original file, so i open adaptec, and create data disc pull in each individual sound wave and create it, it will say that the disc was created and when i open pro tools, and try to import it reads nothing or it says the disc is not formatted any help would be appreciated, sorry 'bout this.

thank you, and yes i realise i use run-on-on-on sentences. hehe.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:08 PM

Default Re: need help importing audio from drive

mapex,
Are you saying you've backed up a PT session as DATA on CD using Adaptec, and are trying to reimport the files into a ProTools session?
If so, you have to uncheck 'Read Only' on each of the files, and save back to your Hard Drive before they can be imported back into a PT session.

To uncheck them all at once, go to 'Edit/Select All', then right click on just ONE of the files, choose 'Properties', and uncheck 'Read Only'. Then you can save them to your HD, and they will import into your PT session.

Sheesh, that was long! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I just hope I understood what you were saying...if not, post back.

~Roy
Old 07-29-2002, 10:21 PM

Default Re: need help importing audio from drive

thanks for the help. that answered my question.