Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Issues with FireWire on Digi 002 Rack

Please let us know! I haven't seen anything indicating that these are "field-serviceable..."
Old 06-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Unhappy Re: Issues with FireWire on Digi 002 Rack

hello. i just received a 002 in the mail today. (bought it on Ebay)
Unfortunately, I'm in the same exact situation!

So i'd really love to hear any updates you have.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:22 PM

I understand that you've tried a number of diagnostics and fixes.

Have you tried a "repair" install of the software?

My 002r worked perfectly for a long time and then didn't work for no apparent reason, the firewire led would not come on and I also tried a bunch of different things, very frustrating.

The "repair" is what I ended up doing (as a seemingly last resort) and I've been up and running since then (about 2 weeks ago).

I don't say it will fix your problem, but it did mine.

Good luck,
Dave
oo2r, le7.4cs9, AMD dual core 4200, siig 1394 card, xp pro, 2 gigs ram, multiple drives.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 PM

So basically, I never got anywhere with them, the just stop responding after I continually pointed out that they weren't answering my question. I guess that I need to start some emails with the repair people.

Now Dave, I am unsure of what this repair function is. My software works fine but the Digi 002 has failed to work on multiple systems including a Mac. But if this repair function is something different I would like to know.

if ignorance is bliss, then why isn't everyone happy
Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Edit: I also just initiated a discussion with Digi so we will see what they say.
How did you do that, exactly? I'd like to find out who you spoke to so I can find out what's happening with this...
Old 06-09-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
How did you do that, exactly? I'd like to find out who you spoke to so I can find out what's happening with this...
Started talking to them on the answerbase. I have no clue who I was talking to, but I will say that they must have had a terrible verbal score on the SATs, since they never did answer my question. The only thing I got out of the Answerbase was, send in your unit, spend $350. And that ain't happening. So should I be contacting another part of digidesign?

if ignorance is bliss, then why isn't everyone happy
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 AM

Hi obi,
Somehow I missed that you had tried your 002r on another computer. I did have a software problem because mine worked on a second computer. Sorry for the red herring, hope you get it going again.
Dave
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwanws2 View Post
Started talking to them on the answerbase. I have no clue who I was talking to, but I will say that they must have had a terrible verbal score on the SATs, since they never did answer my question. The only thing I got out of the Answerbase was, send in your unit, spend $350. And that ain't happening. So should I be contacting another part of digidesign?
Your reply is a little unclear. The Answerbase isn't a way to communicate with tech support. Are you possibly referring to the Tech Support Request Form (the Email Us tab, specifically)?

If so, what's the confirmation number of your request? I'd like to look up it's history.

Given the description of the problem, I would say that the last reply you got was accurate - that you'll need to send it in for repair. You have the option of getting it repaired by Digidesign directly, or through one of our authorized repair centers:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&itemid=4915

Unfortunately I don't see any other way of verifying what's wrong with your unit - a repair tech will have to look at it to make that determination.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufter View Post
hello. i just received a 002 in the mail today. (bought it on Ebay)
Unfortunately, I'm in the same exact situation!

So i'd really love to hear any updates you have.
You should contact tech support by phone via the Pro Access Line (888.918.3444) - you will need a credit card, but if your unit actually needs a repair or cable harness sent out (which is free), your charges will be reversed.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM

It might be the Pyro Card...

2 months ago I bought the Pyro PCI64R2 3 Port Firewire and my 003R does not talk to it. I've seen people with similar setups as mine with the same card working.

I tried 3 other Firewire Cards without the TI chipset and the 003R found them... (spite the buffer issues)

My firewire hard drive and video camera's find the Pyro card just fine.

So I wonder if the new cards which are supposed to be 64bit Vista has some nuance some of the 002 and 003R do not like?