Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2016, 04:59 PM

Default Re: My hardware system has never cut it.

What interface and driver version are you using?
Old 06-25-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattilotech View Post
Hello again;

Well to start, it's been a little while since my last recording use. Also I did a post quite a while back, & listed the system info. that I started this post with, & someone had said they thought I didn't have the proper system etc. to do very well with the pro tools 10.3. That stuck in my mind so I thought it might raise some red flags again by posting it. On a more specific note this is one error that I would get. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ssage/en363971. Basically the session would stop. I tried adjusting the buffer, up, or down, but it didn't resolve the issues. I usually hadn't gotten too far & this would happen. I'd just shoot for three or four partial tracks, because of it's performance. That's the primary issue I've had. I'm not a supremely professional user, but I was hoping to move things in the right direction in resolving things.

Thanks, again;
Rob_D

The original i7 was 1366 pins, your CPU is a cut down version...

Bigger Buffer size will give the CPU & SSD time to think...
1024 recommended for mixing...
As low as possible for recording, 128 usually, 64 @96KHz needs very advanced hardware.

When session stops is usually because the SSD are too slow, not fast enough, or CPU is not fast enough, or Windows is not optimized or Bios...

Mixing different memory modules, not recommended...
Test memory, remove similar pairs...
http://www.memtest.org/

Many people complain that ProTools is not compatible with i5,
Click: User lists^
Click: Add to ignore list.
Solved.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hello again;

Well to start, it's been a little while since my last recording use. Also I did a post quite a while back, & listed the system info. that I started this post with, & someone had said they thought I didn't have the proper system etc. to do very well with the pro tools 10.3. That stuck in my mind so I thought it might raise some red flags again by posting it. On a more specific note this is one error that I would get. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ssage/en363971. Basically the session would stop. I tried adjusting the buffer, up, or down, but it didn't resolve the issues. I usually hadn't gotten too far & this would happen. I'd just shoot for three or four partial tracks, because of it's performance. That's the primary issue I've had. I'm not a supremely professional user, but I was hoping to move things in the right direction in resolving things.

Thanks, again;
Rob_D
That does not help much as it's an old Pro Tools 10 or earlier (DAE) error and may have no relevance to you running Pro Tools 11 or 12 which I assume you want to run since this is a Pro Tools 12 forum section. So we are just chasing ghosts at the moment. You need to go use this set up now with whatever version of Pro Tools you want to be running and see what happens. What exact AAE or other errors happen. etc.

You need to install ILM, the correct version of your interface driver for the OS you are on, Pro Tools, and follow *all* the systems optimization instructions in the Pro Tools Installation Guide.

In the playback engine dialog make sure "ignore errors" is *not* checked (you want to see every AAE error Pro Tools gets upset about). And make sure "dynamic plugin processing" is also not checked. Start with a IO buffer size of 512, increase it if needed as far as it will go to see if you get something stable. Decrease to see when it breaks. Try just working with 48Hz sessions (not faster) until things are stable. If there are problems go run down the standard troubleshooting steps ("help us help you" top of this page). Trash prefs, try new empty sessions, temp. remove all third party plugins, etc. etc. all that you should be doing without needing to ask about here. But tell us exactly what you have done when reporting back.

Unless you are going to discard/sell the laptop, I'd be ordering big new DIMMs for this laptop, they are cheap and nice wether you use the laptop for Pro Tools or not. You need to check the onboard SATA support, if it's SATA III/6 Gbps I'd be upgrading the boot drive as well. Even if that has nothing to do with any issues, its just danged nice to have a fast SSD boot drive. If there is a second SATA III slot shove another SSD in there. The disk cache feature in recent Pro Tools 12 may be a large help to you on this laptop if you cant get faster SSDs on it. Unfortunately Pro Tools 12.5 and 12.5.1 are a bit of stability disasters. Pro Tools 12.4 is ideally what I'd try if you have that installer in your account or can get one from somebody else.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:32 AM

Hello Again;

Well, I'm still on Version 10, but wanted to possibly expand the system or
get a new one, that would handle the newer requirements. That's why I posted in the 12 section. For now I would be looking at version 10 so this is probably in the wrong section. It looks like I could go over the replies, & see what modifications I can get going. I could also apply some of the suggested settings & see how that helps for starters.

Thanks, again;
Rob_D
Old 06-26-2016, 06:17 AM

Hello;

I had done some jpegs of previous errors, & was trying to attach them for
reference. Error 6085, & 9128.

Regards;
Rob_D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error-6085.jpg (62.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Error-9128.jpg (62.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Hello;

I had done some jpegs of previous errors, & was trying to attach them for
reference. Error 6085, & 9128.

Regards;
Rob_D
Again, what exact interface and driver version are you using? What io buffer size are you trying to run at? 6085 are frequently related to driver issues, FireWire chaining problems etc.. Try a different interface. If using ASIO4ALL, don't, get a proper ASIO interface. Everything else is back in your hands... Is/was the system fully optimized, what standard troubleshooting did you try when there were these problems. You need to actually use the system now and see how it goes and do all that stuff. Nobody here will likely be able to point out a cause of a problem to you. But get the memory DIMMs better matched.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:38 AM

Wait, you are running Pro Tools 10 Express, based on your screenshots and your profile. But you don't bother to mention that here, not when asked for clear exact info?

Maybe a moderator can move this thread to the correct Pro Tools Express forum section.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:56 AM

Hello;

Yeah; I did mention it. I did two posts in a row this before the error images. Here's the previous post again.

Hello Again;

get a new one, that would handle the newer requirements. That's why I posted in the 12 section. For now I would be looking at version 10 so this is probably in the wrong section. It looks like I could go over the replies, & see what modifications I can get going. I could also apply some of the suggested settings & see how that helps for starters.

Thanks, again;
Rob_D
Old 06-26-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Hello;

Yeah; I did mention it. I did two posts in a row this before the error images. Here's the previous post again.

Hello Again;

Thanks, again;
Rob_D
You are running Pro Tools *Express* 10. A difference that somewhat limits your options here, and the advice that others will give you (like trying different interfaces, the whole ASIO4ALL thing mentioned above already). And that tells us the limited choice of interfaces you might have even though you still have not given much clear info besides the Sandra report. But as already said you are chasing ghosts here, problems you may or may not have in a system configuration we may or may not know much about.

Hopefully a moderator will move this to the Express forum section and you can come back and report what is happening after you have upgraded memory, and provide more clear information about what exactly your setup is and what exact troubleshooting you have done.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Hello;

Hello Again;

Thanks, again;
Rob_D
As Darryl stated, PT Express is a bit different than "regular" Pro Tools. We also still need more information about your interface and system details.

What buffer size are you on when you get those errors?? If you are at a low buffer and have a decent amount of plugins and such, it would explain it as you would need to raise your buffer size.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10