Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-01-2003, 01:38 PM

Default I read Pro Tools 6 set up for OSX, but still am not clear to begin reinstallation

eMac (not iMac) PT5.3.2 OS9.2 - going to upgrade to OSX and the new PT6.
This question is for the Digi Tech Support or anyone else. I will be in the process of changing to OSX and I want OS9 completely out; don't want to switch from one platform to another like some other people have been mentioning. Just want the OSX, after which I'll upgrade to the latest OSX, I already downloaded it from apple. Then I'll be installing PT6.
Before going to "Thrash Pro Tools preferences" don't I need to un-install Pro Tools? By the way is the disk I got by mail - PT6 for OSX - an upgrade from the previous version 5 for OS9, or is it completely new Pro Tools that I have to install? What happens with the plug-ins; do I need to uninstall them, or do I thrash them, or is that the same? I have the Waves Renaissance collection and the rest are the normal Digi Design plug ins. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Avid

Default Re: I read Pro Tools 6 set up for OSX, but still am not clear to begin reinstallation

Hello,

The Pro Tools LE 6 installer is a full installer and does not require 5.x to be installed.

All plug-ins will need updated versions to run in Pro Tools 6.0 on OS X.

For Digidesign Plug-ins:
Run the RTAS Plug-in Installer found on the Pro Tools 6.0 CD.

For third party plug-ins:
Contact the Manufacture for OS X updates of their plug-ins.

Mike