Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Goodhertz

Default Goodhertz Panpot — a new panning plugin that will change how you think about stereo

— 15-Day Free Trial Available —

Panpot brings together four different modes of panning in a single plugin that will transform the way you think about stereo.

Why would you want a new panner?
Because the traditional audio panner — the one found on almost every audio console since the 1970’s — gives an engineer control of exactly one thing: stereo audio levels.

Panpot unlocks something much more powerful: the full spectrum of binaural sound.

Watch a demo of Panpot on YouTube
  • Level — a refined version of the classic level pan, Panpot’s Level panning offers superior automatability and includes several pan law options.
  • Delay — the Delay panning module creates a strong sense of sidedness without altering the stereo level balance. By using small time delays that closely model human hearing delays (at 1x), the Delay pan produces immersive stereo images with more depth and width.
  • Spectral — Panpot’s Spectral panning works by changing the timbre of the stereo image, focusing higher frequency sounds toward the pan direction. The Spectral algorithm mimics the type of head shadowing that occurs in nature and can sound hard-panned without feeling ungrounded or off-kilter in the low end.
  • Phase — The most unusual panning type: Panpot’s Phase module creates a constant phase shift between the left and right channels. Similar to Delay panning, Phase panning does not alter the stereo level balance but instead alters the arrival times of the left/right channels. Phase panning can help move elements out of the center of a mix, decluttering the mono image and creating a more expansive sound field.

Panpot is available now for $49, 64 bit AU/AAX (Mac)
Old 04-11-2015, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Goodhertz Panpot — a new panning plugin that will change how you think about ster

Wow! Must check this one out. Very interesting.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 04-12-2015, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Goodhertz Panpot — a new panning plugin that will change how you think about ster

No Windows?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM

or pro tools 10…
Old 04-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Goodhertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
Wow! Must check this one out. Very interesting.
Thanks! Let us know how you like it.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
or pro tools 10…
Ditto
Old 04-13-2015, 12:47 PM

http://splur.gy/r/Jw1tf/r/2Y5432HkvVz

a chance to win a copy

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Definitely an interesting new angle. At first I thought it might be yet another pan automation plugin. GoodHertz would you like to run a feature on my Audio Engineering blog (link in my signature)?
Pro Audio Engineering Tips • Tricks • Techniques • Training • Free & Discounted Plugins & Software • Live Q&A • Audio Resources • News • Links • Loops • Samples • Stem Files • Mix Contests & More • Visit Today & Share... Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgain View Post
Definitely an interesting new angle. At first I thought it might be yet another pan automation plugin. GoodHertz would you like to run a feature on my Audio Engineering blog (link in my signature)?
Great Idea

I can second that, these guys are awesome and have some nice stuff going on!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-14-2015, 01:46 AM

Cool! Will definitely have to check this out