Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Default PT 11 HD Pricing

I just saw that to go from
HD 10 to HD 11 is 599 and to go from HD9 to HD 11 is 999?

Why is Avid doing this to us again. I paid 999 to go from 9 to 10. Which 10 was just a bridge to 11 and now I have to pay 600.

It should have been the opposite 599 for 10 and 999 for 11. I bet less would of complained....

Ill just wait for PT 12......

They should reward the people who bought 10. We probably kept them from going out of business
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Default Re: PT 11 HD Pricing

Hi,

It 'started the usual festival on the price of the upgrade ...

I want to remember that Avid it is a profit company and does charity to none.

Who wants to update ... pay,
who does not ... no pay, (alternative change software!)

Best regards
Mac Book Pro Touch Bar 2017 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 - Pro Tools Ultimate - N° 2 HDX - C 24 - Pro Tools 12 HD - N° 02 HD i/o - Focusrite Red 16 Line - N° 2 UAD Apollo 8 Black series - Neve - Focusrite - Avalon - Millennia - Summit - Bricasti - Quested - Meyer - Universal Audio - Waves, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Slate Digital, UAD, etc etc.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertstudio View Post
Hi,

It 'started the usual festival on the price of the upgrade ...

I want to remember that Avid it is a profit company and does charity to none.

Who wants to update ... pay,
who does not ... no pay, (alternative change software!)

Best regards
Well usually when you pay for something. You should get what you pay for. For years I would say since 2007 Pro Tools has been the most unstable DAW on the market. I would upgrade hoping for stability and it would let me down. HD10 is much better but it still crashes when using VI's

...and I have changed I now write in Ableton Live and mix in Pro Tools.

I used to be one of the sheep that upgrades right away but I really am going to wait this time.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFaris View Post
They should reward the people who bought 10. We probably kept them from going out of business
They reward you for the help by giving you a chance to do it again.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 AM

I will jump on the train here temporarily. Just purchased a brand new HD Native system and registered it on 3/19. Now just weeks later will be forced to pay another $600 to get on the latest software.

I thought registering a product was to show your trust in the company you've just purchased from, not to be edged out of their latest developments.

ZERO grace period for "new" customers. Thanks, Avid - you've shown your disdain, so now receive it in equal measure.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraabe View Post
I will jump on the train here temporarily. Just purchased a brand new HD Native system and registered it on 3/19. Now just weeks later will be forced to pay another $600 to get on the latest software.

I thought registering a product was to show your trust in the company you've just purchased from, not to be edged out of their latest developments.

ZERO grace period for "new" customers. Thanks, Avid - you've shown your disdain, so now receive it in equal measure.
Grace Period is always shosen based on the information available.

ZERO grace period is something that I myself would like to disagree. Now that I'm a moderator I possibly can't. But still, I feel that information such as this will always leak and the grace period should be extended to the date when the company (Avid) discloses the information to 3rd parties.

I mean.. c'mon.. if some 3rd parties know about this, then this should be the grace period.

That said; I should sing the songs that Avid sings, but they have also said that I should keep posting my own opinions. So take this with the grain of salt
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Damn That sux. I think we are all forgetting this is a just a upgrade. It should cost us $199. I think I am still mad about the 999.99.
Why did I pay it you might ask? Well every session was giving me the memory error and crashing all the time so I was desperate. Now I feel I can wait and if enough people do maybe they bring there prices back down to were they should be.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraabe View Post

Brand new HDX system here as well as of February. Come on, guys. Throw us a friggin bone.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Hi
i am a user of Pro Tools since version 4 (with protools 24, mix plus, HD, HD Accell, HDX). I upgraded paying and receiving free (when I deserve) the different versions that have taken place in different years, can not remember have never had any problems (if not recently with digital distortion due to my hard drive), with Controll 24 i ran into the problem of 'power supply and Digidesign replaced TOTALY FREE within 36 hours (Ireland - South Italy ...)
I will definitely be a future owner of version 11 regardless of the price.

Peace
Mac Book Pro Touch Bar 2017 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 - Pro Tools Ultimate - N° 2 HDX - C 24 - Pro Tools 12 HD - N° 02 HD i/o - Focusrite Red 16 Line - N° 2 UAD Apollo 8 Black series - Neve - Focusrite - Avalon - Millennia - Summit - Bricasti - Quested - Meyer - Universal Audio - Waves, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Slate Digital, UAD, etc etc.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM

In updates, there will always be someone who will stay out for a couple of days.
Do not forget that the period of transition and the right to enjoy a free upgrade will be about 60/70 days (from April 7 until the exit PT11) if the news of the new software had been given on March 7 other people would surely free returned in upgrading but what would be the state of mind of those who had bought PT on March 5th ...?

regards