Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 AM

Default HD Omni I/O with both AES and Adat

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to expand my Omni's I/O in a cheap way until I can afford a 8x8x8, Aurora or similar.

I already have a Focusrite octo pre mk I with adat option, a M-Audio profire 2626 and a Saffire Pro 56 which I primarily use for live recordings.

I was therefore thinking on using both the AES input along with the Adat input.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run inputs via AES and Adat at the same time? If this works it would give me 16 inputs in a very inexpensive way sine I already have the interfaces :)

Thanks in advance

Jakob
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Re: HD Omni I/O with both AES and Adat

There's no way to expand the Omni. It only does 8 inputs simultaneously, as is stated in the specs and description.

It can be any combination of inputs to do that, but it will still only be 8 inputs. For example, you could do 2 channels AES, 2 channels Adat. Or 4 channels analog, 2 channels Spidf, and 2 channels Adat. But it's only 8 inputs total.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Default Re: HD Omni I/O with both AES and Adat

dammn, I just thought I figured it out. I think I will go look for a used 192 I/O interface and use the interfaces I all ready own as preamps.

Thanks for the reply :)