Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Default I/O Setup for Pro Tools 10

Thank for your time. I'm about to explode here....I cannot find documentation on what the deal is with the change in the I/O from Pro Tools 8.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I opened I/O Setup and none of my stuff is there. I use Spdif for output and I only have (2) microphones. I'm completely lost on how to set this up. Can anyone help?

Mac Studio M1 Max, Focusrite Clarett2Pre, Sennheiser 416, sometimes Beta Tester for iZotope
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Default Re: I/O Setup for Pro Tools 10

Since your post is a little sparse on details, I'm going to recommend digging into the IO Setups Primer, which should clear up a vast majority of questions you may have:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v90_69603.pdf
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Got this advice from Digi Tech Support, and it worked:
In I/O, I deleted all paths.
Then I hit "default".
I use the spdif inputs on an Mbox 2 Pro. Everything was back to normal---working perfectly.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Charlotte View Post
Thank for your time. I'm about to explode here....I cannot find documentation on what the deal is with the change in the I/O from Pro Tools 8.0.5 to Pro Tools 10. I opened I/O Setup and none of my stuff is there. I use Spdif for output and I only have (2) microphones. I'm completely lost on how to set this up. Can anyone help?
There were some big changes from 8 to 9...perhaps that's what's confusing you?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSNY View Post
Got this advice from Digi Tech Support, and it worked:
In I/O, I deleted all paths.
Then I hit "default".
I use the spdif inputs on an Mbox 2 Pro. Everything was back to normal---working perfectly.
That's a general troubleshooting thing - if I'm not mistaken, Brian has other issues than IO not showing up and that doc I referred to explains all the changes. It's good reading for *anyone* using Pro Tools...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 AM

I'm gonna read the article now! Sorry for the sparse details. I actually had tried deleting the existing paths and then hit Default (as I used to do in the past), but all I ever get is "Built-in Line Input 1-2" & "Built-in Line Output 1-2). I'm using my Digi 003R. Now, what's interesting is if I click BUS in the top menu of the I/O Setup, I see all the routing options I used to have, but they are not available in the Input or Output sections. I'll read the article and see if I can't get this figured out here.

Thanks much and I'll be back!

Mac Studio M1 Max, Focusrite Clarett2Pre, Sennheiser 416, sometimes Beta Tester for iZotope
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 AM

RTFM, I might add here that I don't see my Digi003R in the Playback Engine Dialog box - which is where I believe the issues really is. All I have is Pro Tools Aggregate I/O and then Built-in.........

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED: After reading each of your comments and then using the helpful info by RTFM, I was able to figure out what happened. (keep in mind, this was all done in one evening) When I upgraded to PT9 from 8.0.5, I did a "clean uninstall". Then I followed all directions and installed the correct drivers etc. However, when I moved up to PT10 and did the uninstall of PT9, it obviously took the drivers with it. So, when I couldn't find my 003R in the PlayBack Engine and the Primer mentioned installing drivers AFTER the upgrade (when going 8 to 9 docs said to install drivers BEFORE), I knew I had it fixed.

SO, bottom line: After doing a Clean Uninstall of PT9 and full install of PT10, then go download the updated drivers for your interface!

THANK YOU everyone...I sincerely appreciate it! Where would I be without this forum!