Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Default Mbox Mini 3 - "Unable to locate hardware"

I searched around and couldn't find a thread that contained the same issues as I'm having.

Yes, its the same old issue with Pro Tools 9, Windows 7 (32-bit) and the Mbox Mini 3. However, there's a twist. The Mbox works perfectly find when streaming audio from my computer, be it through iTunes or another soruce; yet PT still fails to recognise it.

I have another sound card (Line 6 Toneport UX1) that works perfectly well (albeit poorer quality) with my set-up, and the Mbox isn't burnt out as it works as described above(its also brand new, free replacement for a previous Mbox that failed on me).

I had some small success when running the ASIO4ALL drivers, but the sound quality was awful (glitchy/poppy sound). I've re-installed PT, re-installed the drivers, updated everything as far as possible (now running 9.0.5) and still no success.

Just hoping someone on here might be able to suggest something that could help me out, or I'll be on the phone fighting with the company that sold it to me for a refund (they didn't take kindly to that idea when I suggested it earlier, Sales of Goods Act is on my side though).

Any help? Please