Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 AM

Default System ID / Update

Hi All,

I've been on PT9 for about four years and would like to update to the most current version. I went onto avid.com/us/account/orientation and logged on. I then went to click what I needed to update and was asked to enter a system ID. I found my original box that had stickers on the outside and also two yellow cards with numbers and letters but nothing worked.

I called Avid but couldn't get through to anyone without a system ID. There's an option to purchase one-time Avid support but I don't know which card, ( the one's listed here: https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__Products...State=ListView ), would work.

Any thoughts or instructions would be super-duper appreciated.

All the best,
Adam
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Default Re: System ID / Update

PT doesn't use a system ID; Media Composer does though.

QAPLA!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 PM

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me what I might have been doing wrong? I was my account page at Avid.com when I got the request to enter my system ID. I still can't figure out how to simply update my PT from PT9.

Best regards,
Adam
Old 04-02-2015, 04:49 PM

With the new licensing system we do have System ID's now for Pro Tools. I don't think they are in use yet for authorizing, but you do need them to contact support through your support plan.

As you can see in this screen shot of my Avid Account (hope I blurred out everything I needed too, don't steal my stuff if I didn't )

PT system ID.jpg

BUT since you still have PT9 you wouldn't have a system ID..... Is there no other way to contact them? This should be a free phone call...

I can check with someone who knows.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 PM

Hi Brian,

That's remarkably helpful, thanks! And thanks for the screen-grab, (I wouldn't dare try to steal anything!).

If I can push my luck, I'll take you up on your offer to check with someone. I've researched; haven't found any alternative contact.

Thanks again and best regards,

Adam
[email protected]
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Christopher View Post
Hi Brian,

That's remarkably helpful, thanks! And thanks for the screen-grab, (I wouldn't dare try to steal anything!).

If I can push my luck, I'll take you up on your offer to check with someone. I've researched; haven't found any alternative contact.

Thanks again and best regards,

Adam
[email protected]
Already requested a SuperMod to take a look, he's busy, so hang tight

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
With the new licensing system we do have System ID's now for Pro Tools. I don't think they are in use yet for authorizing, but you do need them to contact support through your support plan.

As you can see in this screen shot of my Avid Account (hope I blurred out everything I needed too, don't steal my stuff if I didn't )

Attachment 3855

BUT since you still have PT9 you wouldn't have a system ID..... Is there no other way to contact them? This should be a free phone call...

I can check with someone who knows.
Thanks for the clarification. This is the first I think I've seen mentioned that you need one for any PT stuff whether authorization or contacting support. How does one go about getting the system ID? Sounds like a Catch22 - you need a system ID to contact support but you can't contact support on how to even get the thing. Maybe you could do a video on this one?

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:09 AM

Yup, it's a pickle!

I think I figured what I basically need to do. If I could, though, I have a couple more q's maybe you can help me with, (since you've been so kind!):

When I buy the upgrade, can I use my original iLock?

Can I use my original plugins? They're the stock ones with PT9.

Would there be any difficulty playing/editing/mixing all the tracks I've done on 9?

Does 11, (or 12), run on Snow Leopard? Will it run on Yosemite?

That was more than a couple of questions I know so thanks as always!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. This is the first I think I've seen mentioned that you need one for any PT stuff whether authorization or contacting support. How does one go about getting the system ID? Sounds like a Catch22 - you need a system ID to contact support but you can't contact support on how to even get the thing. Maybe you could do a video on this one?
I don't know exactly. I was just assigned a system ID when I upgraded to PT12, like when the ERXP first came out and they just assign a random system ID to it.

I don't know how you would contact support without one, or get one if you don't have one. They keep changing how you contact support, I can't keep up with it, plus all the things I have to know about actually using the software

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio