Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 AM

Default Im New in ProTools... How do a get a Noise Reduction for my Tracks?

Hi, Im New using ProTools I got it because it's what its been use in most pro-Studios right now but im having a little problem..

I used to use Adobe Audition before and it had a plugin called noise reduction i been trying to find someting similar in ProTools to get rid of the noise in my tracks and i been looking everywhere and i can't find anything...

I think i saw a effect for noise reduction in ProTools (I think thats what it was for) but I Have no idea in how to use it...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Im New in ProTools... How do a get a Noise Reduction for my Tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurielMusic View Post
i been looking everywhere and i can't find anything...
That's because Pro Tools does not include a Noise Reduction plugin with the standard/stock software. If you want/need to use one, you will have to purchase/install one.
Quote:
I think i saw a effect for noise reduction in ProTools (I think thats what it was for)
Which plugin specifically had you confused into thinking it was noise reduction?
Quote:
but I Have no idea in how to use it...
No offense is intended here, but spending some time with the manuals would definitely help in this capacity.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 AM

He's probably seen the BF essential noise meter. Which does nothing to reduce noise.

The BEST noise reduction is Izotope RX. Expensive and Unnecessary for music recording, But VERY good.

My best suggestion is to start with cleaner tracks. Most noises can be avoided. That IS the PRO-fessional way.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogeekzine View Post

My best suggestion is to start with cleaner tracks. Most noises can be avoided. That IS the PRO-fessional way.
True. Try to get it right at source.

Suriel, when you say
Quote:
to get rid of the noise in my tracks
do you mean hiss.
If so, you might want to look at the amount of gain you're applying to each stage of your signal chain, i.e assuming you're using some outboard gear such as a mic preamp it will have a gain control, as will your audio interface. Try not to overdo the amount of gain you apply on each piece of equipment - or depending on the quality of your mic preamp/mic/guitar/cables etc.... they could all be adding to the background noise (I'm making assumptions of course about your set up).
Think about what might be adding the noise to your recordings and then maybe you can start isolating the problem.
Anyway, just a thought.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Rx+1
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM

+1... if you hear noise on a track you are recording onto, stop and find it and cure it there. Noise reduction has it's own anomalies.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
No offense is intended here, but spending some time with the manuals would definitely help in this capacity.
Well i download all the proTools manuals to try to learn how to use it and it does not say a word about that plugin... but anyways they told me ProTools does not bring a noise reduction plugin so i just wanna know wat should i use....

I have the packet of plugins waves is there any plugin i can use to reduce the noise?...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 AM

I am too looking for a Denoiser Noise removal plagin for my Pro Tools LE. Can anyone recommend free RTAS or VST plugins for the same.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

first you need to record the entire track dry. especially if you have the time to spend on it. in your plug in section select dynamics and choose the condensr/limiter. set a threshold and set your ratio to maybe 3:1. this will give you control of the volume, you may be able to boost your gain about 3 to 5 decibals. then go to another plug in under dynamics and select EXPANDER. it works similar to the condensor but gives you a major noise reduction. set your threshold and your attack and release to your desired taste. try not to set th threshold too high or it will cut out. and then set your ratio to like 50 or 100. as long as your threshold isnt too high it wont cut out. what the expander is made for is to push down all the noise under the threshold and allows the sound above to play through. so you have to listen and really pay attention to where you set your dynamics as far as your threshold
Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushalbhadra View Post
I am too looking for a Denoiser Noise removal plagin for my Pro Tools LE. Can anyone recommend free RTAS or VST plugins for the same.
oh, this is also a M-POWERED adio forum. you may need to ask some one else on another forum