Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2017, 04:50 AM

Default Pro tools 10.3.10 Installation failed.. Mac os x 10.6.8

Hello Guys n Girls n Aliens

I am running pro tools 10.3.10
on a imac running Snow leopard 10.6.8

everything was working fine up until sunday 16/10/17 when i tried to re open a session i was working on the night prior and i recieved a error message saying (Session was created on a old version of pro tools and cannot not open) this happened on quiet a few files, so i uninstalled pro tools 10.3.10 then i atempted to reinstall and i was met with the error message (the installation failed).
is there a work around for this as i currently rely on pro tools recording sessions as my main sauce of income.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 10.3.10 Installation failed.. Mac os x 10.6.8

Ordinarily I'd say to update your iLok s/w but the current version won't work in SL - you'd need a legacy installer which is available on the iLok site. Still check that your iLok is plugged in and still working (the little blue light should be on).

Do you let your computer sleep at all? If you do - don't. Computers when they wake out of sleep don't always keep the connection to any peripherals.

QAPLA!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Do you let your computer sleep at all? If you do - don't. Computers when they wake out of sleep don't always keep the connection to any peripherals.
Thanks for the reply, yes i let it sleep all the time, i think this may of done some damage to the ext hd aswel... im going to give updating th ilok a shot..
Old 10-16-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexingtongomez View Post
Thanks for the reply, yes I let it sleep all the time, I think this may of done some damage to the ext hd as well... I'm going to give updating the ilok a shot..
Like I wrote - be careful with the ILM s/w update as the current one doesn't work on your OSX install. Letting a computer sleep won't or shouldn't do any damage to it but again like I wrote you NEVER want to let that happen with recording software. If you're not going to use the computer for a while shut it down.

What exact iMac and external drive do you have? And the external drive - that's the one you record to right?

QAPLA!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Ordinarily I'd say to update your iLok s/w but the current version won't work in SL - you'd need a legacy installer which is available on the iLok site. Still check that your iLok is plugged in and still working (the little blue light should be on).
So i managed to find a legacy ilok installer but i am getting the same (installation failed msg) when i try to install the ilok, along with a extension error (16+50apple serial)
Old 10-16-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:

What exact iMac and external drive do you have? And the external drive - that's the one you record to right?
the imac is 4gb ram 3ghz

and the ext hd is where i record my audio too, its quiet an old one, still running off a ac adapter.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Hello Guys n Girls n Aliens

I am running pro tools 10.3.10
on a imac running Snow leopard 10.6.8

everything was working fine up until sunday 16/10/17 when i tried to re open a session i was working on the night prior and i recieved a error message saying (Session was created on a old version of pro tools and cannot not open) this happened on quiet a few files, so i uninstalled pro tools 10.3.10 then i atempted to reinstall and i was met with the error message (the installation failed).
is there a work around for this as i currently rely on pro tools recording sessions as my main sauce of income.
your a genius mate!!! it worked..... i dnt think i can express how greatful i am, i was nearly going to open logic loooool thank u sir
Old 10-16-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
your a genius mate!!! it worked..... i dnt think i can express how greatful i am, i was nearly going to open logic loooool thank u sir
I'm guessing the iLok update fixed things? If so that's great.

QAPLA!