Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 10-29-2015, 02:54 PM

Default Apogee Duet FW apogeepopup reportcrash

This is just in case it might help someone in case they find themselves in my position just the other day:

I bought a used Duet Firewire in fine condition to use with my small home setup:
Mac Pro 3.1, separate boot partition only for PT use: OS X 6.8, PT 10.3.10.

I installed the driver and software, and things seemed to work fine. However, I noticed a process called reportcrash almost maxing out my CPU every ten seconds. Didn't cause actual problems initially, but I didn't like it much.

Activity Monitor showed the process called apogeepopup launching and crashing at the same time.

I tried all the different versions of the apogee software I could find, but no luck. Then I searched google for "apogeepopup crash" and I found this:

https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j...S7XofNRTKKJ06g

It turns out apogeepopup (a little indicator window that shows the value on-screen when you turn the Duet controller) needs the Arial font to be installed and active, and no crash. Everything is fine. I just activated Arial with the application Font Book (or font manager or whatever it's called in other languages).

Many thanks to mattkramer, and I must add, My Duet in combination with my Dynaudio's sound FANTASTIC!

Ben.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 12-06-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Apogee Duet FW apogeepopup reportcrash

Hey i found this when i searched for duet FW as i'm just about to buy one and Im running PT 10.3.10 and Mountain lion on my macbook pro.......thanks for that headsup......PT 10 is just so stable and perfect on all my mac's , i'm doing 3 tv series as we speak, and sadly for avid, i'll probably never change unless they implement folders and buy out SoundMiner and build it into the system....
Old 10-06-2017, 09:53 AM

BTW, PT 12 free runs fine, as i downloaded for a test , and may be tempted if they implement folders someday
Old 10-06-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
BTW, PT 12 free runs fine, as i downloaded for a test , and may be tempted if they implement folders someday
Never heard of a "PT12 Free". You mean PT First, right?

Good luck with the Duet FW. I still use mine and PT 10 on OSX 6.8. They do the job very well. It gets hot, though. Just so you know.