Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 08-28-2017, 02:55 PM

Default C|24 Faders for Sends

Hi everybody!

I am sorry if my question has already been answered in another thread, but after quite some research I am still struggeling:

I want to use the C|24 faders to control the levels to an alternative master track. So for a Band of 4 musicians, I want to use the faders to do their headphone mix, every musician has a separate Master track and all relevant tracks pre-send to all 4 master. I want the faders to control the sends level to a certain master track.
Is that possible? I tried flip mode, but this only controls the sends levels of ONE track.

Thanks for help, and again, apologies if this has already been discussed, I didn't find it.

Best,
Jan
Old 08-30-2017, 06:01 AM

Default Re: C|24 Faders for Sends

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
Hi everybody!

I am sorry if my question has already been answered in another thread, but after quite some research I am still struggeling:

I want to use the C|24 faders to control the levels to an alternative master track. So for a Band of 4 musicians, I want to use the faders to do their headphone mix, every musician has a separate Master track and all relevant tracks pre-send to all 4 master. I want the faders to control the sends level to a certain master track.
Is that possible? I tried flip mode, but this only controls the sends levels of ONE track.

Thanks for help, and again, apologies if this has already been discussed, I didn't find it.

Best,
Jan
To do 4 discrete headphone mixes, you'll need to set up 4 Pre Fader Sends on each track. Each of these can have a Master Fader if you choose, but it's not needed unless you want overall volume control for each.

Each of these will address an output on your I/O and be connected to a headphone amp.

To control them from the surface, you'll "Flip" each send down to the faders to change levels. You can only adjust one mix at a time.

Hope this helps.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.