Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Default iLok.com site down

I need to authorize an iLok, but their site is down. How does one contact Pace? Is it rare that the site is down? It's a little scary that our entire systems are essentially tied to a web site that is not available. If iLoks fail and ZDT access is needed, it needs to be available 24/7.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: iLok.com site down

Yeah, I'm having a simlar problem with activation of Music Production Toolkit through digidesign. I think the problem stems from ilok.com. Its not letting me open the page. This is aggrevating especially when my time to work on this is very limited and you have clients waiting for you.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Development Partner

Hello Blairl,

It is absolutely our intention to have ilok.com available 24/7, from everywhere in the world. To that end, we selected our colocation provider where 70% of the west coast Internet traffic is routed. This has provided us with exceptional internet connectivity, as we are cross connected on 10 different Internet backbones.

Unfortunately, this morning our entire ISP is down. It appears that they are under a massive denial of service attack. The attack is unrelated to PACE or iLok.com. Our ISP is taking steps with their backbone provider to resolve the problem.

We apologize for the downtime. We'll post our status as it becomes available.

Best regards,
--
PACE Anti-Piracy Support
Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It is absolutely our intention to have ilok.com available 24/7, from everywhere in the world. To that end, we selected our colocation provider where 70% of the west coast Internet traffic is routed. This has provided us with exceptional internet connectivity, as we are cross connected on 10 different Internet backbones
Good to hear.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Development Partner

Hello blairl,

I'm writing to update you regarding today's outage. The DDOS attack, which involved upwards of 10,000 compromised computers, is still ongoing. But as of around noon today, our ISP believes that they have successfully sidestepped the attack.

Our own analysis, as well as the results of an independent monitoring service that we use, confirms that traffic to our web servers this afternoon is normal. Therefore you should be able to access the iLok.com and paceap.com web servers without incident.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this outage may have caused. We're working with our ISP to prevent this kind of downtime in the future.

Best regards,
--
PACE Anti-Piracy Support