Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2020, 10:16 AM

Default reason rack plug in issue with pro tools 2020.9.1

Hi - I've created an instrument track and assigned the Reason Rack plug in to it. But the track indicates "no input". When I click to assign an input, under the "plug in" option, "reason rack plug in insert a" is greyed out.

In the edit window, I'm able to record midi, but i don't see any "clips" - just an assortment of midi notes. not sure if this is related or not.

It took a few tries before the midi editor displayed anything that I had recorded. Now it does, but it didn't at first, and honestly I'm not certain what changed in order for it to properly display what I had programmed in the edit window.

I'm using an Arturia Keystep, which appears in Setup -> Midi Input Devices, but doesn't appear in Setup -> Peripherals -> Midi Controllers. I'm not sure if this is related either.

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-27-2020, 12:18 PM

Default Re: reason rack plug in issue with pro tools 2020.9.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Berlin View Post
Hi - I've created an instrument track and assigned the Reason Rack plug in to it. But the track indicates "no input". When I click to assign an input, under the "plug in" option, "reason rack plug in insert a" is greyed out.

In the edit window, I'm able to record midi, but i don't see any "clips" - just an assortment of midi notes. not sure if this is related or not.

It took a few tries before the midi editor displayed anything that I had recorded. Now it does, but it didn't at first, and honestly I'm not certain what changed in order for it to properly display what I had programmed in the edit window.

I'm using an Arturia Keystep, which appears in Setup -> Midi Input Devices, but doesn't appear in Setup -> Peripherals -> Midi Controllers. I'm not sure if this is related either.

Thanks for your help!
How about some system information? Read & follow the 'help us to help you' link that's at the top of every page. Elsewise we're just wasting time. There's no such thing as a generic answer to most problems.

While waiting for said info if all you want to do is to input MIDI notes there's no need to do anything in the MIDI controllers. That's only if you want to use any controls on your Keystep.

QAPLA!