Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Default BDF Lite seems EXTEMELY lite

HI, just wondering.., I have BDF lite from the ignition pack but it seems EXTEMELY lite, barely worth using.., there is no 'content' folder on the disc, and the library it does create seems near completely empty.., what am I doing wrong or it THAT it (are they kidding or am I just plain ignorant)

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: BDF Lite seems EXTEMELY lite

I had an issue where I didn't have enough memory (half a Gig) and BFD didn't load all the samples. A big memory chip later, and everything's OK. You should have three kits of varying quality and the ability to play about with them.

You could try Addictive Drums' excellent free demo at www.xlnaudio.com for even more drum-based fun.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Hey, you know... They want you to buy it so they try to strike the balance where you can get a tasty feel of it, but when you get serious there's a let down. Makes you want to get out the credit card..

The BFD kit sounds pretty cool, especially when you play with the mix. The preset mixes give a really quick idea of the variety possible.. It's enough to make me want to shell out the cash (if I don't talk myself into Strike first) to hear all those different kits and grooves

Are you getting access to the 3 basic kits (8bit, BFD, XFL)?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 AM

there is only one folder and the install notes say that there should be a content folder. there is a couple of folders but there seems noting in them?? really?? I might try again but there wasn't enough in there to even give me a taste?? I hardly got a sound?? (though I DID get A sound) so you reckon even LITE should water my mouth??

If so, there should be more than that there, I get more from the limited version of REASON

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 AM

when I say one folder, I mean on the installation disc!

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 PM

Well, what you get out of it probably depends somewhat on what you were expecting in the first place. Like I said in my previous note, I realize that these companies are providing a limited set of features with the intent of trying to get you to pay for the full package. With that in mind, I look at BFD lite as an opportunity to check out the interface, get a feel for the variety of expression that is possible, check out the groove library interface etc etc, all the while knowing that I won't really have the variety that I will eventually demand until I pay for the full thing.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 AM

My friend, I agree, totally, no I wasn't expecting more than you mentioned; I have been doing this long enough to know that.., but there is really so little I wonder if it is a mistake?? (fault) Does your BDF Lite disc have more than one folder on it?? Mine has only one and I thought there was also a content folder? As I said, if your is the same then I understand that is all there is.

No mate, I agree with you, I don't expect more than a taste but what i got was nothing. Could be because I was completely new at PT and I Mac (macs in general) I just didn't understand the plugin.

As I asked, I hope you don't mind checking to see how many folders are on your ignition BDF Disc, I would really love a good drum machine.., but then again, I just got te 880 module working fine and that has a great library of hits. Just have to write the files or use my.., iinnntuuoooiishoon!!!

cheers

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 AM

At the root of the disc there is the BFD folder, the setup.pkg, a couple movies, a readme, a windoze setup icon, and 3 other files which I suspect are for the windoze installation; .files, .nfo, .paths

The BFD folder contains 8 other folders (which I'm not going to type)

Does this jive with what you are seeing?
Old 03-03-2007, 08:05 PM

Have you noticed there's no ride cymbal yet?
You can mess with the crash's parameters and fake one, kinda...
Old 03-04-2007, 05:26 PM

yea, thanks fellow digi people, I have to run and will take thi up again tonight.., yes the above postings are exatcly what I see.., I am wondering if I can .wav files into the BDF folders??

PT 7.3.6. M Box2