Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 AM

Default structure update 1.0.1 help

Hi I just installed structure update 1.0.1 to my existing version 1.0 and now all hell has broken loose upon opening up structure the display screen it all garbled and when I try to load a patch pro tools shuts down I also can't load any plugins it gives me 7054 dae error but then if I open up other sessions the plug ins will load fine. also when ilook at Pro tools from my system drive it shows pro-tools and then (2) pro-tools underneath that .What have I done I'm having a pannic attack I had to cancel a session today some one please help. My set up is pro tools le 7.3.1 cs5 virtuial instruments are structure 1.0 w/1.0.1 update Goliath structure edition Hybrid xpand Strike BFD fxspansion east west silver eddition authura analog factory. plug ins include universal audio extreem pak music production tool kit Computer processor is intell pentium d945 3400MHZ chipset intel p965 main board dg965ot 4 gigs of ram windows xp sp2 3 250 gig sata drives 7200 rpm any help would be great
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: structure update 1.0.1 help

Try these Troubleshooting tips:

- Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)

Then empty the Recycle Bin and reboot.

filosofem
Old 10-13-2007, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the help I love pro tools when it works any idea why it says I have pro tools on there twice. and any advice on the computer I'm useing could that also be part of the problem? again thanks for your response
Old 10-13-2007, 04:36 PM

Yeah Rusty that's out of my field of expertise and any advice given might result in an erroneous direction, though, what I can do is point you in a direction that you can help us help you and try and resolve this issue.

How to determine PC compatibility with your Digidesign product using the Digidesign website.

filosofem