Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2018, 03:59 AM

Default How can I can access audio stored in the cloud?

Anyone know how I can access the audio I have stored in the cloud? I recorded hours of audio and reached the limit. I don't want more storage, I just want to get it off the cloud so I can and edit it on my regular Pro Tools 2018 account. Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Default Re: How can I can access audio stored in the cloud?

In Pro Tools First, choose “Save Copy In” and select a local hard drive to store your Project as a Session file. You can then delete your cloud-based Project to free up space.

System Details
Old 02-10-2018, 05:13 AM

Thanks Will K, I should have done that first, but the clips on the track in question are now showing as empty - no waveform appears in it - yet it's still showing that my cloud storage is full - bit weird!
Old 02-23-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
In Pro Tools First, choose “Save Copy In” and select a local hard drive to store your Project as a Session file. You can then delete your cloud-based Project to free up space.
I don't see that option?
Old 10-11-2020, 07:22 AM

I have the same issue. Cloud Storage is almost full, I'm sure there's some old session on there I can delete to clear up space. However, there is no way I can access the "Cloud." Therefore, the only hope is that I simply "buy more space?" Are they for real? I own ProTools Ultimate, why do I have to put up with this crap? I just want to be able to work on projects remotely occasionally, but it's such an unnecessary pain in the ass if I want to move my remote project back to PT Ultimate.
Anyone figure this out yet?
Old 10-12-2020, 05:54 AM

Yes, with PT First, you really don't have access to your local copies of your projects as they are just stored in a project cache and not a session folder like the full version of PT.

If what you really want is to have your sessions available offline so that you can have access to the content, back them up or even share them via file sharing, then PT First is not the solution.

With PTF, you do have the ability to store all of your projects in the local project cache and choose which ones to sync to the cloud. This, in theory, gives you the ability to have more cloud storage since you only sync the ones you are working on.

System Details
Old 10-12-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppingVoice View Post
Anyone know how I can access the audio I have stored in the cloud? I recorded hours of audio and reached the limit. I don't want more storage, I just want to get it off the cloud so I can and edit it on my regular Pro Tools 2018 account. Any ideas?
You open your Pro Tools 2018 standard (not First) and use cloud collaboration to access those projects and then do Save Copy In... all in Pro Tools standard (not First).

All things cloud have been buggy... so good luck.

Or you bounce the audio out of First and import into Pro Tools standard sessions. Obviously losing the project, but keeping the audio.