Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Default OT: STYLE and FUNCTION...you have to see this!

For something completely different....Over the past several months I was debating what to do with my old Control24, to keep it or move to another product. In the end I settled on the Euphonix MC Artist series for several reasons and purchased (3) MC MIX, (1) MC CONTROL V2, and (1) MC TRANSPORT units (which are still sitting in the boxes). I have (errr, HAD) a personal policy that I WOULD NEVER OWN A PRODUCT THAT I COULDN'T PROVIDE TO MY OWN CLIENTS. I guess I just felt if I can't sell it to them, then why should I buy it? But in the search for a desk going through the various options, vendors, and choices available......at the end of the day, there was one option that stood out to me. But I struggled with my personal philosophy.... but this was so good, there was no way I couldn't. At the end of the day I think that says a great deal about this product and just how good it is. I shall admit that I've yet to see it as there have been some delays in receiving it, on both ends (hey, quality takes time to build!!!!! And well, I was in China for a bit).

I spoke with AKALU SOMAL and his company, STYLE AND FUNCTION (http://www.styleandfunctiondesign.co...tiondesign.com) about some options and he showed me a design he was working on. We discussed this and a few modifications. We also discussed a new rack design that at first I was unsure of, but no after seeing the picture HOLY TOLEDO!!!! And then we started talking about speaker stands, so you'll see that too. I also wanted to counter-sink a single Mac keyboard, although looking back I should have asked for (3) so I could have a L-C-R configuration depending on where I was working. There are (3) 4-bay racks and all (5) of the above Euphonix devices are also meant to be counter-sunk into the desk.

This is SOLD MAPLE.....custom built with premium wood, handcrafted and built with total care and attention to detail. NO, I'm not getting paid to make this post---I appreciate fine work, and I can't wait to get this---although to be honest I may have to sell it (see my Studio Sale post in the classifieds). I believe there might also be some sort of under desk lighting strip, but I can't remember LOL

Here is what sold me.... I have specific needs and needed someone to work with me. I needed totally customization where I wanted or needed to. With Akalu---NO PROBLEMO!

Well, look at this picture....now tell me that is not gorgeous!!!!

http://www.theaudioprofessional.com/...oppedImage.jpg

and here

http://www.theaudioprofessional.com/...pedImage_1.jpg

And something tells me these pictures don't even do it justice!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:34 PM

Default Re: OT: STYLE and FUNCTION...you have to see this!

I`ve been building custom desks with recessed mac keyboards for years..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...edkeyboard.jpg
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 PM

And I do desks for any controller or console........all custom.........maple, cherry, exotic species or what have you. Home studios or large production rooms..........

the website

www.cheyennemillwork.com
Mac Pro 2.66 Quad
Adam A7
Waves Gold, VSeries
Pultec Bundle
URS, McDSP
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 PM

Dudes, dudes,... yer cuttin' out the middleman!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
For something completely different....Over the past several months I was debating what to do with my old Control24, to keep it or move to another product. In the end I settled on the Euphonix MC Artist series for several reasons and purchased (3) MC MIX, (1) MC CONTROL V2, and (1) MC TRANSPORT units (which are still sitting in the boxes). I have (errr, HAD) a personal policy that I WOULD NEVER OWN A PRODUCT THAT I COULDN'T PROVIDE TO MY OWN CLIENTS. I guess I just felt if I can't sell it to them, then why should I buy it? But in the search for a desk going through the various options, vendors, and choices available......at the end of the day, there was one option that stood out to me. But I struggled with my personal philosophy.... but this was so good, there was no way I couldn't. At the end of the day I think that says a great deal about this product and just how good it is. I shall admit that I've yet to see it as there have been some delays in receiving it, on both ends (hey, quality takes time to build!!!!! And well, I was in China for a bit).

I spoke with AKALU SOMAL and his company, STYLE AND FUNCTION (http://www.styleandfunctiondesign.co...tiondesign.com) about some options and he showed me a design he was working on. We discussed this and a few modifications. We also discussed a new rack design that at first I was unsure of, but no after seeing the picture HOLY TOLEDO!!!! And then we started talking about speaker stands, so you'll see that too. I also wanted to counter-sink a single Mac keyboard, although looking back I should have asked for (3) so I could have a L-C-R configuration depending on where I was working. There are (3) 4-bay racks and all (5) of the above Euphonix devices are also meant to be counter-sunk into the desk.

This is SOLD MAPLE.....custom built with premium wood, handcrafted and built with total care and attention to detail. NO, I'm not getting paid to make this post---I appreciate fine work, and I can't wait to get this---although to be honest I may have to sell it (see my Studio Sale post in the classifieds). I believe there might also be some sort of under desk lighting strip, but I can't remember LOL

Here is what sold me.... I have specific needs and needed someone to work with me. I needed totally customization where I wanted or needed to. With Akalu---NO PROBLEMO!

Well, look at this picture....now tell me that is not gorgeous!!!!

http://www.theaudioprofessional.com/...oppedImage.jpg

and here

http://www.theaudioprofessional.com/...pedImage_1.jpg

And something tells me these pictures don't even do it justice!
nice. very Feng Shui

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-16-2010, 01:42 PM

I like those monitor stands. I'm thinking of modding my argosy armrest to fit the keyboard and trackball now that I have already modded it to fit my euphonix mc control, mix, and transport.

Looks good