Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 AM

Default EZDrummer

I recently installed EZDrummer but cant find it in protools, I have spoke to toontrack and followed all their installation instructions but still nothing and they dont have any clue. can anyone help me out?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Default Re: EZDrummer

EZDrummer is an RTAS plugin fro Pro Tools, not an AAX plugin. Also, without knowing your setup, Mac or PC, OS, hardware config, interface, it is almost impossible to help. However, I have a ton of Toontrack stuff and have never had a problem installing their stuff on a Mac Pro. They don't use an iLok, but you have to go to their website and do a challenge-response to authorize it. Once it's installed and authorized it shows up on the insert popup menu under the Instrument submenu.

If you are running a Mac a quick inspection of the System disk you should see and highlight the Applications folder. In there you should see a folder named Toontrack. In there you should see several files, one of them EZdrummer_MAC. Then in the Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins folder you should see a file called EZdrummer.dpm.

If those files aren't in those locations, Pro Tools will not be able to find them and they won't show up in Pro Tools.

I don't know how the file structure is laid out in Windows on a PC.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Default Re: EZDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixhamill View Post
I recently installed EZDrummer but cant find it in protools, I have spoke to toontrack and followed all their installation instructions but still nothing and they dont have any clue. can anyone help me out?
You have posted this in the wrong forum section (its not an AAX plugin as ArKay99 has already mentioned). I've recently installed the latest EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer products on OS X 10.7.5 on an old Mac Book Pro 17" and Pro Tools 9.0.6 with absolutely no problems at all. Everything runs really great (running with samples on my 512 GB Samsung SSD boot/system drive).

How about reposting under the correct section and include all the details of you system and exactly what you have done in the install and what debug steps have you tried. What exact files shows up in your RTAS plugin folder?

Darryl