Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Multiple region trim question...

Hi

OK so what I'm trying to do is simultaniously trim the last 200 samples off some 150 consecutive regions on the same track. I know if they were vertical over 100 tracks I could just group and trim, but is there any way (holding down modifiers etc) that I can simultaniously trim regions when they are one after the other on the same track?

Can't find any info anywhere on this and can see my life slipping away!!

Thanks,

Graeme
Old 01-10-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Multiple region trim question...

I know what you looking for... "Logic style”
But I can’t really think on the same option in PT
But you can be creative...
It depends on what you trying to achieve... Which I don’t know :}
I mean… what kind of sample {region} you wish to trim? If it just a one shot sample like BD SD
You can consolidate the track and then use strip silence . and short the end of each region
Gate can be a very useful in this case as well.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Will a fade work for you? If so, grab all the regions and Command F. You can set the dialog to not affect the region beginning by the curve type, set the length of the fade region, etc. . . I do this all the time to fade the end of regions and do a strip silence on kick drum or snare tracks.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:25 AM

Hi

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I think I should make myself a bit clearer!

I started off with 20 tracks of audio, each with a 150 bar consolidated region in. I sliced them all up to 1 bar lengths, so now I have 150 regions of equal (1 bar) length on each track.

What I now need to do is trim 2000 samples off each of the regions on track 1, 4000 off each region on track 2, 6000 off each region on track 3 etc up to 40000 off track 20. Then I will shufle all the regions up together against the last one on each track so that each track will effectively be playing back at a very slightly different tempo and thus will phase (steve reich, not polarity!) into time. Have done this previously using 2" tape and varispeed with tape turned over etc but this time I need the pitch of all the audio to stay solid so I'm stuck with trying to find a way of doing it with the computer.

I think I'm just going to have to put it all into logic and do on there, sadly!

Any suggestions appreciated!

thanks,

Graeme