Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Damien_Reich Damien_Reich is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leverkusen, Germany
Posts: 19
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Actually, it seems to work flawlessly in some networks, while not at all in others. I never had any connection problems at all, even though I have a very heterogen network setup, with 2 routers, different controllers, etc.

But the real question of this thread is, why none of the euphonix guys ever reacted in any way to us customers. They still sell this underdeveloped stuff to a horrendous price and don't act on the urging problems of the community.

Eucon causes mouse driver problems, stability problems, connection problems, loss of settings, driver crashes, bad Windows and OS X 10.8 (Retina support) implementation ... did I forget something?

These are no minor glitches! They really ruin the whole usability of the platform and at least some of those should be pretty easy to fix. Don't they care at all, how they are perceived by their customers?

Has there ever been a direct post of an AVID guy on this forum?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
chris-euphonix chris-euphonix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 94
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

There was a chap who posted (forget the name), but not for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 AM
klyg klyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: taipei
Posts: 132
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
Yep. I seem to be lucky. Or perhaps things are better with Logic. (never used PT).

FWIW my Artist units have the default configuration ("use DHCP"), and the DHCP service on my router is using static reservations, so each surface *always* gets the same IP address.
THKS for clarifying that "you are better with Logic. (never used PT)" !
__________________
Cheers !
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM
klyg klyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: taipei
Posts: 132
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Reich View Post
Actually, it seems to work flawlessly in some networks, while not at all in others. I never had any connection problems at all, even though I have a very heterogen network setup, with 2 routers, different controllers, etc.

But the real question of this thread is, why none of the euphonix guys ever reacted in any way to us customers. They still sell this underdeveloped stuff to a horrendous price and don't act on the urging problems of the community.

Eucon causes mouse driver problems, stability problems, connection problems, loss of settings, driver crashes, bad Windows and OS X 10.8 (Retina support) implementation ... did I forget something?

These are no minor glitches! They really ruin the whole usability of the platform and at least some of those should be pretty easy to fix. Don't they care at all, how they are perceived by their customers?

Has there ever been a direct post of an AVID guy on this forum?
I think they don't really know how to react and support the issues we have, even they try, because they may run out of developers and qualified guys ?
__________________
Cheers !
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 AM
chris-euphonix chris-euphonix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 94
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyg View Post
THKS for clarifying that "you are better with Logic. (never used PT)" !
Hi - fraid I'm not sure I fully understand your reply. Are you saying Artist units work better with Logic than Protools ?

That doesn't quite seem to explain disconnections.

As I understand it, there are two "connections" in operation:

(1) Artist unit(s) <> EuControl

(2) EuControl <> DAW

Now (1) involves ethernet, and (2) is within the computer.

Changing the DAW (Logic vs. Protools) seems to affect (2). But (1) should be unaffected, right ? (It's the same EuControl talking to the devices). And it's (1) that's dropping out for you, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 AM
klyg klyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: taipei
Posts: 132
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
Hi - fraid I'm not sure I fully understand your reply. Are you saying Artist units work better with Logic than Protools ?

That doesn't quite seem to explain disconnections.

As I understand it, there are two "connections" in operation:

(1) Artist unit(s) <> EuControl

(2) EuControl <> DAW

Now (1) involves ethernet, and (2) is within the computer.

Changing the DAW (Logic vs. Protools) seems to affect (2). But (1) should be unaffected, right ? (It's the same EuControl talking to the devices). And it's (1) that's dropping out for you, I think.
you are right network side it should be the same, but software side it's totally different. I also use Logic (studio 9.5) and my artists are more stables, but now disconnections happen since I upgrade from 2 units to 3.
(CF my posts)

Just want to insist that in my case disconnections HAPPENS after launching the DAW. So when using Logic, less disconnections than using PT...
Why I don't know ? BUT I Know it's linked software side (Eucon + Artists + LOGIC / PT..., not only hardware side)
And also linked to the platform : MAC / PC ?
__________________
Cheers !
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Artist PM's Avatar
Artist PM Artist PM is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 251
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Yes.
This platform is being actively developed.

John Haydon
Principal Product Manager | Audio Product Management

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94014-3886
United States
John.haydon@avid.com
t +1 (650) 237-1721

We’re Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
klyg klyg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: taipei
Posts: 132
Smile Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Yes.
This platform is being actively developed.

John Haydon
Principal Product Manager | Audio Product Management

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94014-3886
United States
John.haydon@avid.com
t +1 (650) 237-1721

We’re Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>
Thks John for your support !
__________________
Cheers !
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Damien_Reich Damien_Reich is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leverkusen, Germany
Posts: 19
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Yes.
This platform is being actively developed.

John Haydon
Principal Product Manager | Audio Product Management

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94014-3886
United States
John.haydon@avid.com
t +1 (650) 237-1721

We’re Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>
Thanks for the statement, John.

Allthough you are not saying very much, I am glad to hear, that the platform is still alive.

It would be nice to know, which 3rd party involvement is currently in work, because as I stated, I was told that Adobe (though Integration in Audition took place) wasn't interested anymore and also Ableton has jumped ship also, because of a non working communication effort on their side.

Also, I have to state a bit of scepticism, as in my opinion an "actively developed" product, that has THAT many problems should have been updated more often, than once a year.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Artist PM's Avatar
Artist PM Artist PM is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 251
Default Re: Is this platform developed any further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Reich View Post
Thanks for the statement, John.

Allthough you are not saying very much, I am glad to hear, that the platform is still alive.

It would be nice to know, which 3rd party involvement is currently in work, because as I stated, I was told that Adobe (though Integration in Audition took place) wasn't interested anymore and also Ableton has jumped ship also, because of a non working communication effort on their side.

Also, I have to state a bit of scepticism, as in my opinion an "actively developed" product, that has THAT many problems should have been updated more often, than once a year.
I don't know who your sources are, but you are definitely posting a distortion of reality here on the forum.

If you know people at either of those companies who have stated such opinions, I would appreciate you putting them in direct contact with me at john.haydon@avid.com

We are absolutely interested in working with as many companies as possible to proliferate and improve EUCON.

JC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will PT 9 continue to be developed now that 10 is out? ampersandrecording Pro Tools 9 16 11-22-2011 10:13 PM
Has this Plug-in been Developed?? menotyou Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 08-12-2004 11:52 AM
"feature not yet developed" vicwind 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 6 07-13-2004 12:54 AM
Plug-in Idea I'd like to have developed Jordan F. Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 4 03-15-2003 07:54 PM
Who developed the PreAmps in 002? Patriq 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 1 11-24-2002 06:25 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com