Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Default Protools Uninstall/Reinstall issues

So a few days ago Protools and all my other audio programs connected to my MBox2 would not open. I would double click them and nothing would happen.

After trying a bunch of different things I finally decided I need to uninstall PT. But it wouldnt uninstall from my add/remove programs in the control panel. So I downloaded the uninstall program from digidesign.

This seemed to work (the icon and program files were gone). Reason and FL Studio would now open since they were no longer connected to the MBox. However there was still a spot for PT in the add/remove programs in the control panel.

So I tried to reinstall PT from the Disk and it either just stops or pops up all sorts of errors.

I have had PT for over 2 years and never once had a problem. And I made no major changes to my computer in between the time that it worked and didnt work.

Someone please HELP!

Thanks