How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Default Layout Recall Bug?

Hi guys,

I've been having an issue with layout recall. After opening a session with layouts saved in it, when recalling a layout, the knobs (process and knob modules) don't properly recall the functions saved with the layout. That is, if I had saved the layout with some strips set to inserts, they might come up set to sends upon recall. Also, if the process knobs are set to input gain, they might come up as input, but on the wrong page.

The workaround with this seems to be this: after opening the session, set all knobs to anything other than sends, and the process knobs to anything other than pan. Then bank through the entire session. After this, the layouts will recall flawlessly.

Certainly, you guys have bigger fish to fry (like insert/send instantiation - speaking of which, I would support a quarantine of the developers assigned to this task until the feature is implemented. ), but I figured you would like to be aware.

Thanks for all you do, and for being so responsive in these forums.

Pro Tools | HDX 2019.5
S6 M40 19.5
Mac Pro (Late 2013) - Mojave 10.14.5
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB RAM
Old 12-17-2017, 07:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: Layout Recall Bug?

Layouts only remember what function you were on not which knob. I'll ask about tracks that are not on the surface remembering, it rings a bell, I'm sure we had an issue like that before and fixed it.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Layout Recall Bug?

After some playing around, I can see that you are correct. Without doing anything after loading a session, the layouts will recall function but not page you were on.

In that case, I would like to announce that I have discovered a hidden feature!
Upon opening a session, engage the 'All' switch. Change the function of the knobs and process knobs to anything other than the default. Bank through the session on the console so that every fader comes up on the console. Now, when recalling a layout the console will remember what function all your knobs were assigned to AND what page they were on when the layout was saved.

Very handy.

Pro Tools | HDX 2019.5
S6 M40 19.5
Mac Pro (Late 2013) - Mojave 10.14.5
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB RAM