Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2001, 01:44 PM

Default naming tracks??

season greetings all,
my band irish car bomb from ft lauderdale fl is really enjoying my new le studio, just one question? how do i name the tracks , such as trk 1 kick, trk 2 snare etc etc. please help
thanks,., [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2001, 01:58 PM

Default Re: naming tracks??

double click on the box with the track name on(eg,where it says " Audio 1" ect.Check out the reference guide under the help menu in PT too,lots of usefull tricks like this one in there too.Keep rockin dude!
Old 12-28-2001, 09:19 PM

thanx guys ill try it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2001, 12:38 AM

I find it better to name my tracks before I start recording. That way, all subsequent takes are named accordingly. This makes it less confusing when it comes time to eliminate unwanted takes.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:52 AM

CarBomb

Personal Note:

Hey, I normally stay out of people's business, and I fully believe in an artists right to express themselves, and I know you came here for advise and not a lecture, but I just had to say that the name of your band REALLY caught me off guard!

I find the name "Irish Car Bomb" extremely offensive and insensitive, especially during these times! The killings in Ireland (or anywhere else for that matter) are NOTHING to be made light of, and to display your art under that type of moniker is, to me, completely without soul.

I hope I'm not coming off as preachy, but I know that promoting peace, and eliminating hate is what this world needs.

Big Red Button

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 12-29-2001, 01:06 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by BigRedButton:
CarBomb

Personal Note:

Hey, I normally stay out of people's business, and I fully believe in an artists right to express themselves, and I know you came here for advise and not a lecture, but I just had to say that the name of your band REALLY caught me off guard!

I find the name "Irish Car Bomb" extremely offensive and insensitive, especially during these times! The killings in Ireland (or anywhere else for that matter) are NOTHING to be made light of, and to display your art under that type of moniker is, to me, completely without soul.

I hope I'm not coming off as preachy, but I know that promoting peace, and eliminating hate is what this world needs.

Big Red Button
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that this discussion should end here, BRB said his piece and everybody is allowed to have an opinion. A flame war WILL erupt if this discusiion continues. Now go ahead and get those tracks labeled, carbomb.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2001, 04:01 AM

Hi guys,
I've got no intentions to start a flamewar, but I gotta chime in with BigRedButton here, I was quite shocked by the name too.
I fully understand the need for a catchy band name. It's ok (perhaps even compulsory) to have a bit of provocation in this shrewd business. Perhaps it shouldn't involve a subject that is so painful to so many people.
If you know any irish people, you might want to discuss this with them. You're likely to find out this a very hot, painful, sensitive, emotional subject to them.

Also as a sidenote, I don't see any major record label signing your band with this name.

I wish you all the best in your future music ventures, please take this as constructive criticism !

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

cheers from Belgium
Old 12-29-2001, 07:57 AM

i understand completely the european viewpoint is a bit more sensitive to that bandname, but you have to take this in the context of location. a local band from Florida with that name is not going to raise a big stink in ft lauderdale like it would in europe or even NYC. you're right, paul, about getting picked up by a label, but if they're so good that they get serious label interest, the label will ask them to change the name.

a good friend of mine grew up with this band from new zealand called Shihad. he told me that when they were in LA last month to record a new album, lots of people suggested they change the name. that's rediculous of course, because the name is neither "jihad" nor does it mean anything like "jihad". people just thought it was odd because it was similar. really, lets get over these politically correct sensitivities and grow some thicker skin. we're gonna need it in a post 9/11 world....
Old 12-29-2001, 10:56 AM

It's just a drink!!!

Go to a bar and ask for an Irish Car Bomb, and see who gets offended! NO ONE! All you'll get is a Guinness with a shot of something in it, i forget what the shot is. Lighten up everyone. Peace out. Good luck with Irish Car Bomb (the band). And good luck with the drink too, it packs a punch!

- kip
Old 12-29-2001, 10:59 AM

The shot would be Bailey's Irish Cream.

to be more specific...

Ingredients:
13-14 oz Guinness stout
1 oz Bailey's irish cream
1 oz Whiskey (Jameson's)

Mixing instructions:
Combine the Bailey's and Whiskey in a shot glass. Drop shot glass into beer. Should be finished immediately.

Cheers!

-kip