Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Default 8.0.3cs1 kills all Propellerhead soft access to Digi Core audio !!!! ugh

soooooo I installed 8.0.3cs1. Now when I open up any Properllerheads product ( Reason 4.0, Record, Recycle ) the Digicore manager opens like usual and autohides, but the Propellerheads products tell me "there is a problem with the audio driver used in the previous session"

For time sake, I'm using Record. I check Record's prefs and go to audio, and it shows my Didigesign HD HW (96io) and has the ugly red x

Digicore shows that the client (Record) is connected, but Record shows it is not and now I have no audio... and projects just sitting there.

I have contacted Propellerheads and nothing yet.

I searched DUC and have not seen this problem yet either.

Already did disc perm repair.

Already uninstalled and reinstalled all of them (Protools 8, Record, Reason, Recycle) still nothing.

Itunes and Abelton work fine though. They will access Digicore and I have no problems... only Propellerheads stuff.

I can't be the only one.

Any suggestions?? Digi??? Please???
Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 AM

Default Re: 8.0.3cs1 kills all Propellerhead soft access to Digi Core audio !!!! ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake doc View Post
soooooo I installed 8.0.3cs1. Now when I open up any Properllerheads product ( Reason 4.0, Record, Recycle ) the Digicore manager opens like usual and autohides, but the Propellerheads products tell me "there is a problem with the audio driver used in the previous session"

For time sake, I'm using Record. I check Record's prefs and go to audio, and it shows my Didigesign HD HW (96io) and has the ugly red x

Digicore shows that the client (Record) is connected, but Record shows it is not and now I have no audio... and projects just sitting there.

I have contacted Propellerheads and nothing yet.

Already did disc perm repair.

Already uninstalled and reinstalled all of them (Protools 8, Record, Reason, Recycle) still nothing.

Itunes and Abelton work fine though. They will access Digicore and I have no problems... only Propellerheads stuff.

I can't be the only one.

Any suggestions?? Digi??? Please???
Are there propellerheads preferences to trash? or individual prefs for reason, recycle, record etc!! either the home folder or user folder libray/preferences etc

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: 8.0.3cs1 kills all Propellerhead soft access to Digi Core audio !!!! ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake doc View Post

Not sure how you're searching, but my quick search for 'reason core audio' turned up several threads.

This is a known issue and is being worked on. See this thread.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Ok I did find that other thread last night in the LE forum. Hope we get this workin soon
Old 07-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue yet?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Not sure how you're searching, but my quick search for 'reason core audio' turned up several threads.

This is a known issue and is being worked on. See this thread.
can you get the UA stuff working to that works in 7.4

i mean i have a lot invested in this and i would be moving straght away into 8 if it did

(and so would a lot of others who don't scream about it like me)

i know you can do it if you really want to.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Try using PT's 8.04 too.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 AM

I checked the 8.04 readme file. It DOES NOT include issue reference PTSW-120492 as an issue that was addressed or fixed. However, the readme file is for the HD update. I use LE and the LE 8.04 update hasn't been released yet. So maybe it will be addressed on that. I hope so.

I'm considering leaving pro-tools entirely if they don't get their Core Audio issues resolved. This shouldn't have to be this difficult, for so long.

Part of me thinks that Digidesign (or Avid) won't address this issue more quickly because maybe they know that record has a competitive edge on Pro-Tools. The longer they can keep users from using Record on their interfaces, the better for them. Just a thought.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
can you get the UA stuff working to that works in 7.4

i mean i have a lot invested in this and i would be moving straght away into 8 if it did

(and so would a lot of others who don't scream about it like me)

i know you can do it if you really want to.
We can't - the fix/update would have to come from UA, as they code the plug-in and would need to implement new changes in the 8.x SDK.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc8176 View Post
I checked the 8.04 readme file. It DOES NOT include issue reference PTSW-120492 as an issue that was addressed or fixed. However, the readme file is for the HD update. I use LE and the LE 8.04 update hasn't been released yet. So maybe it will be addressed on that. I hope so.

I'm considering leaving pro-tools entirely if they don't get their Core Audio issues resolved. This shouldn't have to be this difficult, for so long.

Part of me thinks that Digidesign (or Avid) won't address this issue more quickly because maybe they know that record has a competitive edge on Pro-Tools. The longer they can keep users from using Record on their interfaces, the better for them. Just a thought.
It's not referenced in the 8.0.4 HD release because it only affects 002/003. The fix will be in the 8.0.4 update for LE, which is coming very shortly.