Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2016, 12:48 AM

Default As a software developer, how to best connect a 3rd party hardware user interface?

Hi!

At Senic we are building a universal hardware controller called "Nuimo". It connects to your computer via Bluetooth and serves as a additional hardware user interface. See senic.com for more details.

Our customers want to use Nuimo to intuitively and precisely control their sliders and knobs in Avid Pro Tools. Our customers and we at Senic expect Nuimo to be a great improvement of user experience when using Avid Pro Tools.

I am a software engineer at Senic and would like to connect Nuimo with Avid Pro Tools. Technically users have our software running in the background. Our software then would talk through an API with Pro Tools. Do you provide such an API that would allow me to "remote control" your software from another software running on the user's computer? Can you please connect me to somebody working at Avid who can point me into the right direction?

Currently we focus on OS X users as most creatives are using OS X. That's why I want to start integrating with Avid Pro Tools on OS X first before targeting other platforms.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:37 AM

Default Re: As a software developer, how to best connect a 3rd party hardware user interface?

Typically Avid people do not post here and certainly not those who would have the answers you want; you would do better to get in touch with Avid directly.

QAPLA!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:39 AM

Default Re: As a software developer, how to best connect a 3rd party hardware user interface?

See this link.

http://www.avid.com/en/connectivity-partner-program

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:01 PM
Avid

Dear Lars,

Thanks for your post and for your interest. Avid does not offer an API for controllers developed by other companies to control the Pro Tools mixer, and EUCON is designed to work only in the other direction, i.e., to facilitate the connection between Avid control surfaces and other applications. Loud Technologies offers the HUI protocol, which many companies have used to access Pro Tools and control its parameters via MIDI. I will check out your products on the web page you provided and you can always write to me at [email protected]. While we have no plans in the near-term to accomodate the connectivity you want (as I read from your post), this is not the first time we've received this request, so it could be subject to a closer look in the future. I hope to talk to you about it.

Best to you,

Ed Gray
Director, Partnering Programs
Avid
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 01-06-2021, 05:23 AM

AP Web Services

AP Web Service Components

Fare From AP Rules To A Local C Program