Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-07-2019, 01:14 AM

Default Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription

Hi
Apologies if this is a subject covered elsewhere, but I've been unable to find the answer to my questions.

I'm very happy with the stability of my current setup and have no desire to keep moving up versions of Pro Tools just for the sake of it. I work in film post production and many of the changes in newer versions don't offer any real benefit to me.

Do I have to renew my Pro Tools Ultimate subscription or can I hold off until the need presents itself?

Will Pro Tools stop working if I don't resubscribe?

Is there a penalty for letting subscription lapse and renewing it at a later date?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription

Need to first clarify if you actually have a Subscription or a Perpetual license. The latter is part of an Update Plan, and letting that lapse means you can continue running the versions provided on your perpetual (non-expiring) license. If you really have a Subscription then that's temporary, so letting that lapse means the license expires and you can't run PT.

With a Subscription, you can subscribe again any time after it lapses.

With an Update Plan (Perpetual license) you can renew ($99US) while active, or Upgrade ($299US) later if expired.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription

Thanks for responding jeffro. If I hadn't been so lazy and had actually read the small print, all my questions would have been answered. I have a perpetual licence so can let it lapse and still use pro tools. Then I can renew my subscription at any point. Phew!