Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2002, 09:20 AM

Default Truncating Problem

hello friends
When making samples for sound replacer I create a session and import my drum sounds. I then zoom in all the way and trim it down to the closest point to the sound wave. I then bounce the individual file down and save it in my drum samples folder. My problem is when I go to use the sample there seems to be a little bit @ the head of the sample (blank space), is there anyway to avoid this? Thank you all in advance for your help.
Maker
Old 06-11-2002, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Truncating Problem

Instead of "bouncing" you may try duplicating the selected region, after trimming it to satisfaction, the shortcut is, option+shift+3.

BTW, I've found that on HD, Soundreplacer is more solid when you convert instead of copy on import.

Peace
Old 06-12-2002, 12:17 AM

You mention trimming it down. Did you also make sure to select (highlight) the time range you want to play during the bounce? If you've trimmed the region to have only what you want you can just double click it, or select it with the grabber before bouncing.

If you did that, then I can't imagine whats wrong. The manual even states that the bounce will compensate for any delay caused by the bounce itself, and will be sample accurate with the area you bounced.

Tom
Old 06-12-2002, 12:36 AM

are you using ptfree?
i've noticed a similar problem when i use my laptop, which has ptfree on it.
one thing you might play around with is hardware buffer. bring it down really low and see if it clears it up. i haven't had a chance to experiment, i hardly ever use my laptop these days.

digi -- is this a knwon bug??