Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-1999, 08:01 AM

Default ML supports disc @ once but??

How come I can't copy the tracks from an Audio CD that has already been mastered ,from the CD-ROM drive into MasterList and then do a direct burn??I trashed these tracks from the hard drive ages ago and I don't want to have to waste time extracting the tracks back to the hard drive and then import them back into Masterlist then re-edit all the fades and pauses ect.Toast can copy the tracks from an audio CD and burn them directly but it does not support disc @ once only Track @ once it can also import SD2 and AIFF files from the hard drive.But Jam can only import SD2,AIFF and .WAV from the hard drive but not from an Audio CD and this does Disc @ once but not Track @ once.Whut gives??am i a complete loonie???SOme CD's that i burn are my DJ' mixes an generally don't have pauses in between tracks.

Also i live in Australia and the only Yamaha drives that we can get her are the CRW4416S Drives (mind you they have been out for months now) not the old CRW42160's so am i totally screwed??the software from both Adaptec and Digi can't do what i need and worse still digi does not support my new drive.Is this drive jus not supported/tested yet or will it not function with masterlist Period??

Why not a patch updater?? it takes about a day to write one and about half a day to make it rock stable.

Please help.