Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2024, 06:28 PM

Default Connect Pro tools to Yamaha motif xf

Many years ago I had this working with PT 10 and an XS. I'm trying to get it working my M1 studio and current PT 2023 later version and a motif XF.

Some questions:
Some sites mention about an incompatibility between the Yamaha midi USB driver version 1.50. Is this still an issue?

Should I stick with standard MIDI cabling into my RME UFX or the USB interface from Motif to computer.

I have always used the digital out from the Motif into the AES/Spdif rme

Using just the USB connection I have no problem sending MIDI note info into PT.

What I want to be able to do is successfully lock PT and Motif together so that I can transfer different tracks from patterns and songs into tracks in PT. I understand that the Motif can also act as a controller of PT using the HUI Protocol? I gather that there is more than one way to approach this. i.e. MTC vs. midi clock. If anyone can point me to a bullet proof way to do this I would greatly appreciate any information.
B
Old 01-16-2024, 05:07 AM
Avid

Default Re: Connect Pro tools to Yamaha motif xf

Quote:
Originally Posted by b mcgibney View Post
Many years ago I had this working with PT 10 and an XS. I'm trying to get it working my M1 studio and current PT 2023 later version and a motif XF.

Some questions:
Some sites mention about an incompatibility between the Yamaha midi USB driver version 1.50. Is this still an issue?

Should I stick with standard MIDI cabling into my RME UFX or the USB interface from Motif to computer.

I have always used the digital out from the Motif into the AES/Spdif rme

Using just the USB connection I have no problem sending MIDI note info into PT.

What I want to be able to do is successfully lock PT and Motif together so that I can transfer different tracks from patterns and songs into tracks in PT. I understand that the Motif can also act as a controller of PT using the HUI Protocol? I gather that there is more than one way to approach this. i.e. MTC vs. midi clock. If anyone can point me to a bullet proof way to do this I would greatly appreciate any information.
B
Hi!

I found this article that might help. https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ow_to/en397823

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 01-17-2024, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Connect Pro tools to Yamaha motif xf

Well after a lot of trial and error it is mostly working. It is kind of clunky but at least the tracks are following the tempo.