How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM

Default 10.8.4 and RTAS

is 10.8.4 supported yet?

So apparently 11 no longer supports RTAS. How come? Whats wrong with RTAS? What does it use instead? I hope the companies I have spent so much money with plugins are going to offer the new thing.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM

Arrow Re: 10.8.4 and RTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
is 10.8.4 supported yet?
For what? 10.8.4 is supported for v11. It is not supported for v10.3.6. I am using v10.3.6 with 10.8.4 on my personal MacBook Pro (also unsupported) and it is working just fine.

Quote:
So apparently 11 no longer supports RTAS.
The majority of Pro Tools users knew this was coming for months, if not years.
Quote:
How come?
Pro Tools 11 FAQ
Quote:
Whats wrong with RTAS?
Please see above.
Quote:
What does it use instead?
AAX
Quote:
I hope the companies I have spent so much money with plugins are going to offer the new thing.
Please use this page to find out if your plug-ins are being updated.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 10.8.4 and RTAS

So will 10.3.6 be supported for OSX 10.8.4. Do I have to pay for 11? I have student version currently is there a student upgrade price? How do I know to get AAX Native 64 or AAX Native?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 PM

Man, how about using some search on the forum? This things has been discussed thousand times.
Don't be lazy.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 AM

I did and I couldnt find anything.
How about if you dont like peoples threads and have nothing positive to contribute, contribute nothing.

Now anyone can please help me thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 11:59 AM

Arrow Re: 10.8.4 and RTAS

Quote:
So will 10.3.6 be supported for OSX 10.8.4.
That seems unlikely.

Quote:
Do I have to pay for 11?
That depends on what version of 10 you bought and when you bought it.
Quote:
I have student version currently is there a student upgrade price?
If your four years of upgrades was not scheduled to end before Friday, June 21, 2013, then no, you do not have to pay for version 11.
Quote:
How do I know to get AAX Native 64 or AAX Native?
Most companies will release an updated version of their AAX plug-ins. The latest AAX plug-in release (after 06/21/13) are most likely compatible with v10 and v11, as Avid added the ability to have a 32-bit and 64-bit version in a single plug-in file to v10.3.6.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 PM

I bought version 9 student edition approx last quarter of 2011. I got the free upgrade to version 10.
I dont see any 11 installer in my downloads area though.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM

Post Re: 10.8.4 and RTAS

Students eligible for free upgrades per their 4 year student contract will be receiving an email from Avid with their activation code to obtain their iLok license and Pro Tools downloads. There are thousands and thousands of students that are eligible and they should receive an email from Avid, however, the system cannot send thousands of emails all at one time. The codes are generated with each email, and then sent out at a metered rate. Emails started going out on Friday June 21st, 2013, though it could take up to 3 weeks for all of the emails to be sent across the globe. Avid can NOT issue new codes for students who want PT 11 now. This is the process that Avid has always used and while Avid understands your excitement to use Pro Tools 11, students must wait for their "official" email from Avid. Please check spam filters as well to ensure the email doesn't get caught up.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
Students eligible for free upgrades per their 4 year student contract will be receiving an email from Avid with their activation code to obtain their iLok license and Pro Tools downloads. There are thousands and thousands of students that are eligible and they should receive an email from Avid, however, the system cannot send thousands of emails all at one time. The codes are generated with each email, and then sent out at a metered rate. Emails started going out on Friday June 21st, 2013, though it could take up to 3 weeks for all of the emails to be sent across the globe. Avid can NOT issue new codes for students who want PT 11 now. This is the process that Avid has always used and while Avid understands your excitement to use Pro Tools 11, students must wait for their "official" email from Avid. Please check spam filters as well to ensure the email doesn't get caught up.
Thanks but Im not excited in the least was just curious. To be honest I couldn't really care less as I have discovered other software that I prefer these days however I never say no to a freeby if its on offer.