How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2019, 02:12 PM

Default Missing system ID

Hi,

I’ve been running Pro Tools HD 11 (11.3.1) on my Mac Pro (Maverick) for a few years now without too much hassle and after careful thought, I was considering the possibility of upgrading to Pro Tools Ultimate. However, the system ID for my Pro Tools HD 11 bundle is missing on my master account and I was wondering if you can please help me resolve this issue?

Kindest regards,

David
Old 07-25-2019, 05:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: Missing system ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daipie View Post
Hi,

I’ve been running Pro Tools HD 11 (11.3.1) on my Mac Pro (Maverick) for a few years now without too much hassle and after careful thought, I was considering the possibility of upgrading to Pro Tools Ultimate. However, the system ID for my Pro Tools HD 11 bundle is missing on my master account and I was wondering if you can please help me resolve this issue?

Kindest regards,

David
System IDs only started with Pro Tools 12. You should be able to Reinstate your Pro Tools HD to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate. You will be prompted to surrender your current bundle.

-Tope
Old 07-26-2019, 05:39 AM

Thank you for replying Tope, I appreciate it.

I would prefer to keep my perpetual licence rather than cross-grade to a subscription licence, so is it possible to reinstate my Pro Tools HD to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate using a perpetual reinstatement program?

Kindest regards,

David
Old 07-26-2019, 02:53 PM

Never mind, it appears that the Pro Tools Ultimate 1-Year software updates + support plan (https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...&sku=DYNA20012) is the right choice for me. Thanks again for your help.

Kindest regards,

David
Old 07-31-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
System IDs only started with Pro Tools 12. You should be able to Reinstate your Pro Tools HD to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate. You will be prompted to surrender your current bundle.

-Tope
Would this still be applicable when going from PT11.3.1 non-HD to PT2019 non-HD? When do I surrender my current PT10/11 bundle? This is assuming I buy through the Avid site.

QAPLA!