How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 01:52 PM

Smile Music Production Tutorial With Eleven Rack and preset

Hi guys

I thought id share one of my patches but as i don't use pro tools i cant upload it as a patch so ill list the settings here. i use quite low output humbucker pups SD59,S and usually have my guitar volume just over half way up so it may sound a little more saturated with other pups. i find lower gain pups bring out a clearer sound whilst retaining power .

here is a simple song i wrote using these settings its nothing fancy but its a good tone that multi tracks very well

http://soundcloud.com/chrisbeaver/ey...e-deepest-blue

True-Z 32k ohm

dist- green jrc od drive 4.7 tone 4.9 level 5.3

Amp Model- Plexiglass 50w

Amp settings- pres- 0 bass- 9 mid- 10 treb- 10 vol 1- 10 vol 2- 9.2

Cab= 4x12 classic 30. Mic= dyn7 off axis

Delay was set to 1/4 note in cubase

When i initially posted this on elevenrackpresets forum many were asking if i could show how i mix and produce my music. Id been meaning to make a tutorial for some time and that thread gave me the push i needed to make it happen

Here are two links to the videos i made for the guys over there. There's over 53 mins worth of footage between the two vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHWSfPKVVKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASkO1VEz44

It took me a long time to make these videos i hope some people find them helpful
Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Music Production Tutorial With Eleven Rack and preset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Beaver View Post
Hi guys

I thought id share one of my patches but as i don't use pro tools i cant upload it as a patch so ill list the settings here. i use quite low output humbucker pups SD59,S and usually have my guitar volume just over half way up so it may sound a little more saturated with other pups. i find lower gain pups bring out a clearer sound whilst retaining power .

here is a simple song i wrote using these settings its nothing fancy but its a good tone that multi tracks very well

http://soundcloud.com/chrisbeaver/ey...e-deepest-blue

True-Z 32k ohm

dist- green jrc od drive 4.7 tone 4.9 level 5.3

Amp Model- Plexiglass 50w

Amp settings- pres- 0 bass- 9 mid- 10 treb- 10 vol 1- 10 vol 2- 9.2

Cab= 4x12 classic 30. Mic= dyn7 off axis

Delay was set to 1/4 note in cubase

When i initially posted this on elevenrackpresets forum many were asking if i could show how i mix and produce my music. Id been meaning to make a tutorial for some time and that thread gave me the push i needed to make it happen

Here are two links to the videos i made for the guys over there. There's over 53 mins worth of footage between the two vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHWSfPKVVKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASkO1VEz44

It took me a long time to make these videos i hope some people find them helpful
Here you go man. I copied your settings and made a Rig by your specs.

Chris Beaver Plexi 50W - Download

You can download it and upload it to ElevenRackPresets or where ever you want instead of having to post a description. I'll delete if from my Box account once you download it if you wish. - let me know

You didnt mention what other effects you have in the rig, so i set up Phaser, Multi-Chorus, and flanger, they are OFF by default though. Reverb is set, but is also OFF.

You didnt mention what delay you used, so i set up a ducked style delay, but it is also OFF by default.

You didnt mention what amp output level you had set, so I set it to 0.0, also speaker breakup is set to 0.0.

The amp/cab/mic settings and Green Dist setting are set exactly and are the only items that are ON by default. True-Z is on 32, just as described.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Chris this is Absolutely the best & thank you so much for doing this.........

What a great help you are to all of us & what a great contribution to this forum......

You're my boy Blue!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM

I just watched the two videos and wanted to give you a big thank you for taking the time to do it. Fantastic information in there. The stuff about the reverses and fades really blew my mind, but it sounds epic when you use it right (at least when you used it).

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 AM

Hey Chris-

Great song! Love the track and your playing. Nice of you to take the time to share your production techniques with everyone! Also, thanks to Benoni for making your preset.

Fritz
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM

@Chris...I gotta tell ya...my favorite part of your vids - which are great and thanks for your time and sharing - is watching someone else work within Superior Drummer. I absolutely love that program and fiddle around with it to no end. Seeing you doing all the same things I've stumbled upon at one time or another makes me feel all warm(er) and fuzzy(ier) about SD2.0. Not only is it a great - IMO, the best - drum app out there, but I've also had to contact Toontrack tech support and they are phenomenal. In this day and age, it's sooo nice to buy a product as good as this one and still have real tech support accompany it.

Thanks again for your time and sharing.

EDIT: Man, Chris...I gotta be honest: the first time I listened to the song I thought, "eh...nice tune." After listening to it a couple times, though; that is one heckuva, deep, well done in every aspect song. It's really grown on me. Nice.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 AM

Thanks Guys
Old 09-03-2011, 10:46 AM

So Chris.....what's next for bro? More videos? Any new tunes from the new project? What?

I wish this was a sticky at the top for all to see all the time......
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
So Chris.....what's next for bro? More videos? Any new tunes from the new project? What?

I wish this was a sticky at the top for all to see all the time......

Thanks bro. i cant do any more vids for a while as im busy writing my next album which wont be ready until early next year
Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Wow, this track finally made me buy ERXP even though I couldn't really afford it Now I just keep thinking why I didn't do it earlier. A huge improvement in tone. Worth every cent.
Amazing work on the track. Thanks for the great tutorial too! I hope you can make more of those later