How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 07-12-2015, 08:57 PM

Default Audiofiles not in the workspace

OSX 10.9.5 / PT11.3.1

Hi out there,
I run in a very strange behaviour of ProTools. In a very big session for a cinema moving mix I needed to relink all the SFX files after we did some changes on another machine. Normally no big deal. There are no new files only some edits. So I imported the changed session and all the tracks with " Try to relink where possible". As usual I choosed in relink window the Audio Files Folder with the SFX files. But the relink could not be completed. Then I looked into the folder and saw that there are only 10% of the audio files. Then I looked in the same Audio files folder but on the Finder and saw all of them. Strange. Files are visible in the Finder but not in Workspace. I reindexed the HD with my work, but it did not help. I had to delete all SFX tracks, removed all offline files and did a new import of all the SFX files. Now the session is back online.
Does anybody know what caused this problem or is this a bug. The HD has to go to the mixing studio and for sure they have to do a relink there. So my nightmare is that it will not be possible to relink to the audio.
Kind Regards Tom
Old 07-13-2015, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Audiofiles not in the workspace

The files you're talking about are on an external disk right? If so is that disk formatted exfat? That has been known to cause issues in PT and Workspace.

QAPLA!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Audiofiles not in the workspace

Thnx for your answer, yes it is on an external disk but it is formatted in HFS+ Journaled.
After deleting prefs and databases, I found other folders empty the before. This must be a workspace error - cause the session is online.
Regards Tom