Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 AM

Default spot mode - original time stamp? 7.4 m-pow

Hi

Ive been doing quite a bit of editing recently and frequently use spot mode to move regions to their original location. Normally it workd fine using the original time stamp button in spot mode, however, sometimes it seems not to work and gives me a bogus time stamp such as way off the screen along the timeline. This can happen any time during an editing session, working most of the time, then just not working then suddenly working again. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if this is a bug or if I am just doing something wrong which I dont know about...

Im using PT M-powered 7.4cs5

cheers!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Default Re: spot mode - original time stamp? 7.4 m-pow

Interesting q. When I use Spot in my LE with CPTK it just works as expected but whenever I F3click in MP I get "Out of range". Is it broken or I'm trying to get it out of its bounds?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 AM

no-one else had issues with spot mode not giving out the correct original time stamp when spotting audio?????
Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 AM

ok after a few weeks i stumbled across a way to work round this although I'm not 100% sure why thuis method works so any explanation would be very handy.

I have found that if I have a region that has given me an incorrect original time stamp when i have tried to spot it, i simply group the region and then spot it again.. this time it works. Glad I stumbled across this but unsure why i have to group the region to get it to work?