Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Default Pro Tools crashes while opening session (and any backup) HELP!!!

I'm working on a jingle for Nike (on a deadline) and did some tracking and mixing yesterday. Today, the session crashes PT every time, and at the same point in the opening process -- while loading a virtual synth track. Arrrrrr! I trashed prefs, rebooted... no go. I have a laser sound in Hybrid (or XPand, can't remember which synth I used) and when it gets to loading that particular track, PT unexpectedly quits every time.

In addition to trashing the prefs (with the Tech Support Util), I also re-installed the Hybrid (hybrid_update_v152_51467) and XPand (xpand_updater_v103_44922) dmg files hoping it would set things straight. Nope. I am able to open other sessions fine.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciate. I'm running LE 7.4.2 and OS 10.5.5 -- which I don't think is officially supported, but everything has been working fine until today.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes while opening session (and any backup) HELP!!!

crate a new session and then import the tracks from the corrupt session 1 by 1 saving after each successful import.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
crate a new session and then import the tracks from the corrupt session 1 by 1 saving after each successful import.
Unfortunately, I didn't consolidate so there are "zillions" of regions so that would be a nightmare. I did manage to get it open if I removed all the plug-ins into the "unused" folder, but now I don't know how to restore all my non-digi plugins (Waves, Massey, PLAY, Superior).
Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't consolidate so there are "zillions" of regions so that would be a nightmare. I did manage to get it open if I removed all the plug-ins into the "unused" folder, but now I don't know how to restore all my non-digi plugins (Waves, Massey, PLAY, Superior).
I think you're maybe not understanding what Import Session Data does - when you import a track, it imports everything on the track including regions, plug-ins, etc.

Doing it track by track will help identify which track is causing the problem. You may have to recreate the track that's causing the crash, but everything else should be recoverable.

And this is assuming you don't have any backups, either manual or using Session Backups in Pro Tools Preferences. If that's the case, now might be the time to consider integrating a backup routine.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 AM

If pro tools is asking you every time to increase CPU Settings or remove plugins is because you have too much plug ins. Remember Pro tools don't use VST plug ins which are less Quality. Pro tools use RTAS Which is Real Time Audio Suit They Take their Time to Process the audio. is like if you export the whole session on Real time it will take longer than the normal. if you are using pro tools with a lot of plug ins try to buy an Intel I7 processor Laptop just for recording with 4 or better for more tracks 8 GBS rams trust me i was piss about this too. i start recording art school last 2 week and they showed me all this stuff at the beginning i hope this help. if you want to see how your processor react when you are opening a session right click your taskbar, and click on Task Manager >Performance tab. Now, open you session and see how the CPU Increase and crash your program.

Avid Give You The requirements to install pro tools but they don't know what you are going to be working on. if you working on big projects with more than 35-45 tracks you should know you will need more power on your system