Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Eucontrol 3.3.2 OS X 10.11.2

I have the same configuration. Eucontrol launches, the Artist Mix goes dark, and the little menubar icon spins forever. I cannot open Eucontrol app preferences or use the restart option. I do have the correct interface selected in the Eucon section of OS X System Preferences.

I have tried exiting everything exit-able, and killing any unnecessary process, but no change. I have restarted with nothing in my login profile and nothing in my StartUpItems folder.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled, and I have deleted the app preferences. Same thing always; starts, hangs.

I created a separate user account with nothing in it, and it works fine, but this account has pretty much nothing in it except Logic & Protools. I can sort of work this way but it requires reinstalling and/or re-authorizing many(!) plugins.

So I am not sure how to eliminate whatever my regular user profile has in it that is causing a conflict, other than recreating it an app and configuration at a time, which I frankly don't have the time to do.

The answer could be facilitated by some input from a developer of Eucontrol, who may have some insight. While I realize the complex interactions in any computer-based studio environment, having no debugging options (other than "it hangs") or even an idea of what the software is doing under the hood leads to frustration.

Just to be complete, here is the bonjour info:
https://flic.kr/p/DwniXv

Last edited by mwgilbert; 01-26-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added bonjour info
Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM

I have exactly the same problem here.. worked fine but after El Capitan, I can't get it to work. Avid Transport and Artist mix on an iMac. Tried for almost three months now and giving up in about a week.. this costs me too much time.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:16 PM

Any thoughts on this issue from anyone at Avid?