Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Default Use MIDI to control buttons in the edit window?

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out if I can use a midi keyboard to mute and unmute a track in protools 10. I just want to set it up so that C1 on my midi keyboard will mute a specific track in protools. Can you assign midi control to things like mute and solo buttons in the edit window?

Here is my eventual goal:
I play guitar and I am trying to perform a song using a Line 6 pod farm as the software amp and cab. The track I record to is panned hard left. A part of the song requires that I create a "fake double" of my guitar track using an aux send panned hard right with a 15 to 20 ms delay to give the impression that two guitars are playing the part. I want to eventually use a midi pedal to mute/unmute the aux track for that one part while I am performing. Is this possible? Can you assign midi control to things like mute and solo buttons in the edit window?

Help!

Thanks