Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2019, 10:57 PM

Default Newbie: how-to even-out trax timings

Newbie here (my trusty Fostex VF-16 after many solid years gave up) older age, and have ventured into the PT world (dragging my feet for some time) with a version M9. I have to admit that after using it for a few months now I’m becoming more a fan. I’m overwhelmed at all that is possible with this software and several features have already made my recording life much easier.😊
That being said, recently I cut all instruments on an old pop song, without a click, choosing to play along with the original live track. Of course the tempo is moving around some, and I’d like to see if I can somehow go backwards and create a solid click (I usually record a click using an old outboard Alesis unit) but I know that can be generated by PT...
I’ve been looking at the manual, reading and seeing videos about Beat Dectective, Quantizing, etc., but my older brain now just doesn’t grasp things as well as it did years earlier...
This particular track has a lot going on, including three horns. Lastly I’ve spent several hours over days trying play drums to it, but never tight enough. I tapped out a click manually throughout but still...
Is it feasible to straighten out?