Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Where is 12.8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
If Avid announces a feature, they must ship it in that quarter.
Or, at least provide an ETA for when it is actually expected to be released. I have no problem announcing an upcoming feature that won't be completed for a few quarters, as long as they are upfront about it.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrodaddy View Post
Unfortunately they have shot themselves in the foot by asking us for money up front in exchange for stable software, regular updates and new features. When this isn't delivered then not only is this borderline fraud but you're going to lose an awful lot of customers paying the yearly sub that they so badly need.
I'm not defending Avid, but have all of you really called support and created a support case? Avid has said repeatedly that this forum is not their official channel for support. Every support case created here is manual work (usually by jeffro) and only a fraction of your problems discussed here is actually on Avid's radar.

So use that Support which you pay good money. That's the way Avid really knows how many of you share the same problem.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I'm not defending Avid, but have all of you really called support and created a support case?
The main point of this tread is about the lack of new features and upgrade plan value for money. Not sure the support team can do much about that.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:32 AM

The folks I dealt with in support seemed very nice, but trapped. It would take an eternity of back and forths on bugs, and then occasionally they'd get fixed, more often not. Most dispiriting was to go through a very long process of isolating the problems with Field Recorder Match By Timecode, to conclude that it was "by design", agree that the design was utterly nonsensical, yet be told "don't hold your breath" for a feature change, even though that feature change was, coding wise, apparently extremely simple (add a check box to "include project media" so everyone can uncheck it - I've wasted entire days of my life due to the complications of that imposed feature, its incredibly fiddly to unpick).

Eventually the whole process became so tortuous I gave up, finding new workarounds for the bugs and crazy "by design" features. I ended up figuring it was taking me far longer to go through the process with only a small chance of a result at the end of it, it wasn't worth $400 per year for the privilege.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-06-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I'm not defending Avid, but have all of you really called support and created a support case? Avid has said repeatedly that this forum is not their official channel for support. Every support case created here is manual work (usually by jeffro) and only a fraction of your problems discussed here is actually on Avid's radar.

So use that Support which you pay good money. That's the way Avid really knows how many of you share the same problem.
If Jon Stewart or John Oliver or Stephen Colbert happened to be audio recording enthusiasts frequenting this forum, they would probably have some kind of hilarious, satirical rant to describe the absolute nonsense of Avid's stance. Imagine being charged to see the menu in a restaurant so you can order food, which you will also be charged for. Or paying a tradesman twice, once for the first time when he got it wrong, and again when he finally made it right.

"Sorry Pro Tools user, we only listen when you pay us to listen. " - Avid.

I'd rather spend the $99 on popcorn, and sit back and watch them head towards the gurgler.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 04-06-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
I'd rather spend the $99 on popcorn, and sit back and watch them head towards the gurgler.
That is a lot of popcorn :) hope you have a good stomach...
Old 04-06-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
If Jon Stewart or John Oliver or Stephen Colbert happened to be audio recording enthusiasts frequenting this forum, they would probably have some kind of hilarious, satirical rant to describe the absolute nonsense of Avid's stance. Imagine being charged to see the menu in a restaurant so you can order food, which you will also be charged for. Or paying a tradesman twice, once for the first time when he got it wrong, and again when he finally made it right.
I think actually you get to see the menu for free, that's the good news. The bad news is the menu is blank, save for the following:

Quote:
We may give you mystery food and / or mystery drink at our discretion, but we won't tell you what or when. The food may or may not have our old bugs in it, and will likely have new ones. If it does contain bugs however, don't worry - all complaints will be free!

NOTE: If you don't pay upfront, we'll charge you over double next time.

Rate us on Trip Advisor!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-06-2017, 05:58 AM

There should be a Trip Advisor for music software
Old 04-06-2017, 06:36 AM

Meanwhile, at Hotel Avid.

"I paid $99 for a hotel room for the night and there is no bed in it" said the man.

"Beds are an extra $99 a night Sir" replied the receptionist.

"That is extortion!" shouted the man.

"Complaints are an extra $99 each too Sir. How many would you like to purchase?" replied the receptionist.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:05 AM

Not cool (re: hotel avid)