How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Default Re: AAE -9173 Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Get this: http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...ing-prefe.html and delete all your prefs etc. for PT. PITA I know. But after you set things up again, then back up the nice clean version of prefs with the same app.

Make sure PT is NOT running when you launch the app.
Ya, avid tech did that, guess what, doesn't work none of what you think or read works and if it does its temporary

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs293....5_738343_n.jpg
Old 10-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Sorry you are having such awful problems and I am glad you are working with AVID tech support. I see the 12 core MP but I don;t see which AVID interface/set up you are using. Is this all with HD Native PCIe?
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
Sorry you are having such awful problems and I am glad you are working with AVID tech support. I see the 12 core MP but I don;t see which AVID interface/set up you are using. Is this all with HD Native PCIe?
I use the new avid HD I/O analog 16x16 native with respective card. Everything in the box, connected to the box and software in the box is current/new/avid product. There is very little space for error and have been told by both techs it's the cleanest and most efficient / clean ststem they've come across.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:53 AM

Deadshot, At this point I would consider sticking another hard drive in your computer, installing a fresh system on it and install JUST Pro Tools. If your are still plagued by errors, you pretty definitively have a hardware issue. If you don't have the error on that drive you can start rebuilding your system there and monitor if/when the problem comes back to find the culprit.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 10-09-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Deadshot, At this point I would consider sticking another hard drive in your computer, installing a fresh system on it and install JUST Pro Tools. If your are still plagued by errors, you pretty definitively have a hardware issue. If you don't have the error on that drive you can start rebuilding your system there and monitor if/when the problem comes back to find the culprit.
Avid senior tech did that ehhhhh try again, brand new hard drive installed formatted by apple technician from remote. I have purposely been making the people that have created this issue do the work. It's not my responsibilty as a customer to fix their(your problems) I don't go out and buy a Mercedes to fix the electrical system when the car won't start. That's the dealer/mfg issue NOT mine. Got anything else? I think your days are limited, enjoy them while they last.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:53 PM

Ok so after a week of being in the phone with senior techs at avid we finally were able to identify the issue(s) causing the crashing and freezing. Guess what, it's NOT hardware!

If you ran pt10 and upgraded to OS x on your Mac, they do not play well together. Pt10 needs to be removed in every way. This can cause all kinds of issues. this seemed to be the real fix, I had some residuals left over and not sure why they didn't get removed. Also just placing them in your trash does not kill them, you need to empty them out.

The freezing was caused by odd audio conversions into pt11 from 10. The sessions started in 10 and never had issues but once brought into 11 they formed some odd audio traits. If I zoomed in I would see maybe 3milleseconds of Audio highlighted in red, not sure why but removing it, eliminated the issue. Not sure if it had been a crossfade or just a glitch in the matrix.

I want to thank Brandon, Matt and Eric at avid for really digging deep into this, as I said this was a week long head scratcher with a lot of frustration behind it. These guys stepped up and figured out. I think we spent close to 15-20 hours on the phone combined to figure this out. Hopefully the information above will help some people out. Not to say that the people's suggestions on the forums aren't helpful but going to the source is the best option, even if you have to pay the money. Unfortunately many on here really don't know what they are talking about and will have you chasing your tail if you start listening to wild goose chases they put you on. Much like signal flow, start with the source then work your way out.

Thanks again avid!!!

Old 10-11-2014, 03:25 PM

Deadshot, I am having the same issues. The odd audio traits you talk about… do they show like spikes in the waveform that have absolutely no reason for being there? When I remove them, PT11 behaves in a more normal way but while they are there, I've got bursts of noise, CPU spikes and odd plugin behaviour.

Anyhow, so the cure is to completely uninstall PT10, right ?
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
OS X 10.10.5
PT12.2

Connected Interface : Lynx Hilo (Thunderbolt)
USB3 ports used : All (3 Hard Disks, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, Ilok2, Webcam)

HDMI : Monitor connection
Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot View Post
So I've been on the phone twice now with senior tech people at avid. They both went through my system via remote, removed my plugs, did the whole nine yards and it's still doing it, not only that, now other sessions are freezing during playback. I will be on the phone again tomorrow and everyday until it's fixed. The techs have been great, they know there's an issue but I don't think they know what's causing it. Just when you think it's one thing and happens again. I'm basically dead in the water until this gets resolved. It's not going to be pretty when I lose a customer(s) over this. This is a business not hobby and when your business model revolves around what's supposed to be the leader in the industry and they can't even resolve an issue in a timely manner and address its customers needs with a reliable product someone needs to be held accountable. I think resignation of the ceo would suffice or maybe the whole dev team needs the axe.
Thank-you for committing to working with them. I've been a ProTools user for over a decade now, and not everything has ever BEEN completely smooth, but starting to have problems that affect my customer relations are BIG problems to me. Hope they find out what's going on soon.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:32 AM

I ws having the -9173 problem with sessions transferred from PT 10 to 11,, I placed the sessions on a SSD and ran them and got around it that way.. Not ideal,, as I can't use a non SSD on a real time bounce out using inserts, , but at least that is a quick easy way.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Same issue here...all plugins taken down, strictly audio then 30 seconds into a bounce and AAE-9173 rears its ugly head. I'm going to try the app that kills PT preferences and anything else I can find on here, if I get lucky I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your help...I feel a little better already (just a little); apparently misery really does love company