Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Pro Tools 7.1 and stolen iLok

The last time I logged in here was April of 2008. I am trying to get my old set up back up and going. Everything worked great together several years ago. Basically, just tracking on a Yamaha AW4416 then transfering via Firewire 1814 in the The Apple G4 OSX 10.4.1 to edit in Pro Tools 7.1. I have tons of extra plugins from Digidesign plus several Universal Audio UAD-1 cards installed. I was able to get great recording this way.

Now that I am wanting to get back going, I realize that the iLok was misplaced. I got on the iLok website and logged back into my old account just like I have here. It clearly shows all my purchases and the dates when I had licenses added for download. They instructed me to place a RMA order to deactivate the old iLOK and order another one. I paid the $40 and ordered another. Now I'm stuck. I have gone in circles over and over trying to get this Pro Tools 7.1 going again. I have my orginal registration card right in front of me. It seems impossible to find a link to look up my original registration.

Could someone please advise me on how to get this license back up an going again? I really have too much invested in the set up to just let it go. Heck, I would be willing to buy an whole new license if that is what it takes.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.1 and stolen iLok

OK....I will answer my own question for anyone that later has the same inquiry. If you have a computer that runs software that is authorized by the iLok, and it is broken, stolen, or lost, you lose everything. The iLok is the software. Paying another $40 to iLok for another one will get you nowhere except enriching them for another $40. I had $4600 worth on my computer and had stuff stolen from the studio. I thought the iLok was one of the items missing. Luckily, after digging through the wreckage , I found it after all. I will probably go ahead and get insurance on this stuff. This is just a “Heads Up” to others…..Don’t make the same mistake as I did.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.1 and stolen iLok

Great to hear you found the iLok!

And this is another proof of how Avid / ProTools is the biggest rip off in the audio world...