Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-09-2020, 01:55 PM

Default Avid control plus Faderport. Heeeelp

Ok. So here’s my dream scenario: that I touch a track in the “tracks” view of the Avid control app on my iPad and that that action would select the track that my Faderport is controlling.

So far, it’s almost there, but only works for whatever 8 faders I’m “banked” to. So, I have to bank to that group of 8 on the Faderport and then elect the track I want to control.

Previously I’ve been using the quick-key + click on track move in Pro Tools to select the track I want to control.

Anyone know if there’s a way to do the same action from the control app?

Thanks!

C. Dub
Old 07-09-2020, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Avid control plus Faderport. Heeeelp

Sadly, I have never seen a way to make that happen. HUI, is somewhat limited, and I don't think its receiving any love from Avid

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-10-2020, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Avid control plus Faderport. Heeeelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandallwarren View Post
Ok. So here’s my dream scenario: that I touch a track in the “tracks” view of the Avid control app on my iPad and that that action would select the track that my Faderport is controlling.

So far, it’s almost there, but only works for whatever 8 faders I’m “banked” to. So, I have to bank to that group of 8 on the Faderport and then elect the track I want to control.

Previously I’ve been using the quick-key + click on track move in Pro Tools to select the track I want to control.

Anyone know if there’s a way to do the same action from the control app?

Thanks!

C. Dub
What happens when you press ctrl+shift and select the track? Does the FaderPort bank to that specific track?

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system